Help finding a scope

Who offers a FFP MIL reticle in a variable power in the 15oz range under $500? Something like a SWFA 3-9 but lighter. Don’t need it to dial. Would prefer at least 10x. Anything you would recommend?

OP
MuleyFever
Nothing? What if I up the budget? I have been looking at scopes online for 2 days now. Seems most anything with a comparable Mil reticle is heavy.

22lr

WKR
The weight is going to be extremly hard. Most FFP scopes are targeted towards the tactical shooting market where weight just isnt that much of a concern. There are options up in the 20oz range but I havent seen much of anything below that weight.

OP
MuleyFever
Yeah, I may have to settle for SFP. Looking at the Meopta with the MMP. It’s 18oz which isn’t too bad.

OP
MuleyFever
Anyone using a Burris 4.5-14x42 Droptine scope? Thoughts on Burris?

Also, what do you look for in eye relief?

OXN939

WKR
Anyone using a Burris 4.5-14x42 Droptine scope? Thoughts on Burris?

Also, what do you look for in eye relief?

I have two Burris Fullfields. They have been fantastic so far. One will be getting a real deal op test in Alaska soon. Also, shot a friend's setup that wore a Burris Veracity last week. That thing is, to put it succinctly, tits. Great construction, fantastic optical quality, tracked perfectly. Having quite a hard time finding anything bad about them, actually, other than that they're a bit chunky. Actually reminded me a lot of my Nightforce SHV

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You can get an nxs compact with a Mil reticle but it’s sfp and about 5oz over your target weight limit.

OP
MuleyFever
You can get an nxs compact with a Mil reticle but it’s sfp and about 5oz over your target weight limit.

I have been eyeing the NF options. I just don't want to spend that much.

Right now I think the Meopta is my front runner.

OP
MuleyFever
The weight is going to be extremly hard. Most FFP scopes are targeted towards the tactical shooting market where weight just isnt that much of a concern. There are options up in the 20oz range but I havent seen much of anything below that weight.

Do you know of any in the 20-21oz range? Most that I find are 24+.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have been eyeing the NF options. I just don't want to spend that much.

Right now I think the Meopta is my front runner.

meopta makes good scopes, I don’t have experience with any of the fancier ones though, just the meopro 3-9x40 which I think are pretty much impossible to beat for a set and forget hunting scope.

I didn’t want to pay nightforce money either but they were the only ones who made a scope with exactly what I wanted so I just made it work.

22lr

WKR
Do you know of any in the 20-21oz range? Most that I find are 24+.

I'm mostly familiar with the Vortex line. The first gen PST line is in the 19 to 24oz+ range. I believe they had a 2.5-10x32 FFP that was 19oz. They really beefed up the 2nd gen version, so they are alot heavier now.

I have the first gen PST 6-24x44mm FFP and a 1-4x24 and really like them. They have always been phenomenal scopes to me over the last 5 years. I know there are other options that others will be more familier with, I'm just more familiar with the vortex line.

OP
MuleyFever
After looking everywhere I think the 3-9 SWFA is the lightest FFP scope with a good MIL reticle out there.

OP
MuleyFever
Man, scope shopping is hard.

I know Vortex gets a lot of negative talk but as a set and forget scope not used for dialing have people had issues with them just not holding zero? I honestly swore off Vortex but they have what I’m looking for in a zoom range and reticle.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, scope shopping is hard.

I know Vortex gets a lot of negative talk but as a set and forget scope not used for dialing have people had issues with them just not holding zero? I honestly swore off Vortex but they have what I’m looking for in a zoom range and reticle.
I felt the same way about vortex. I asked someone i trusted about the new razor lht and they said during thier testing it performed flawless. That statement builds lots of confidence, plus the features to price point is equally impressive on the razor lht. Finally it's 20 oz. I see one in my near future.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk