Help finding left handed youth bolt action

HunterZ

FNG
I need some help finding a good bolt action deer rifle that’s a youth model in left hand. My son has a small frame and thin build so he will need the shorter LOP for a while. Mainly a whitetail rifle for now out to 200 yds or more when he’s ready. He is 8 and loves to hunt with me and we have been practicing with his Savage Rascal .22 left handed. I want to get one soon so there’s plenty of time by next season. I was thinking 7-08, 6.5 grendel, maybe .243.
I was thinking a Howa mini, but I know Tikka and W. Vanguard have youth possibly. Open to any suggestions on brands & calibers as this can be harder to come by. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

gbflyer

WKR
Howa doesn’t do lefty. There is a Tikka youth as well as various Savage offerings. Ruger makes a compact in their American line that is budget friendly and a good rifle. I believe there is a Weatherby and a Browning. I built my youngest a really nice custom with a spacer system to grow with him and guess what...he prefers my Rossi R92 carbine in .357 magnum. Go figure.

hodgeman

WKR
A lefty youth rifle can be a bit of a unicorn. I got my son a Savage LH Youth "package" rifle with a Nikon scope in 7-08. It worked great and he took several head of game with it. I also outfitted a couple of other kids with LH Ruger Americans, one in 7-08 and one in .243. Both of them took several head of game with those.

In retrospect, I liked the Ruger a bit better- slightly shorter LOP and an 18" barrel v. a 20". I even "borrowed" the 7-08 American and KO'd a caribou at 350 yards with it. DRT.

I actually though the .243 was more unpleasant to shoot than the 7-08. It hard a pretty harsh bark with an 18" tube, the 7-08 did better in the short barrel. 7-08 or 6.5CM would be pretty much perfect in this setup. You can always load some reduced recoil loads with H4895 that will be deer capable and nearly recoil-less.

Spoonbill

WKR
You can always find a left handed gun in the caliber you want and stick it in a boyds stock with a shorter length of pull. Hold on to the stock, so when your kid gets older he can grow with it. I think your caliber choices are great, 243 or a 6mm creedmoor would be awesome.

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
I have a LH 308 Browning X-Bolt Micro available. I bought it for a lefty daughter, who has decided she really doesn’t want to hunt.... This rifle is basically new, other than a couple trips to the range. PM me if interested.

I have a LH 308 Browning X-Bolt Micro available. I bought it for a lefty daughter, who has decided she really doesn’t want to hunt.... This rifle is basically new, other than a couple trips to the range. PM me if interested.
Do you still have this?