Help for sub 200$ rifle scope with dark reticle

Looking for a good simple scope for a 243 rifle i don't shoot much. Simple, no turrets needed. Open to BDC or duplex reticle. Really like dark reticle if anyone knows of a decent scope in this price point. Thanks a lot

Justace

FNG
I have a Vortex Crossfire 4-12 x 44 with the BDC reticle on my .243 and it does everything I need it to.

I have to agree with Justace. Vortex dominates that price point. Even some of the Diamondbacks can be had for $200.

I have a bunch of ~$200 Leupold scopes that fill the role you're talking about and they're not great. I want to try out a Meostar 3-9x40 for $375. They have a nice aesthetic and I'm told they're optically bedazzling.

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Burris Fullfield is worth looking into. Holds zero well and they have a similar warranty to Vortex. And unlike Vortex, I’ve only had to use their warranty one time and it was my fault.

22lr

WKR
I've had great experiences with the Crossfire and Diamondback lines from Vortex. Used/refurbished or on sale the Diamondbacks can be found under $200 pretty regularly. They offer a pretty meaty and simple duplex reticle that is usually on sale since more people are looking for some fancy BDC or Christmas tree reticle these days...

Good video here:

I agree with others that a Vortex Dimaonback with BDC reticle would serve you well. I have one and have never had any issues with it.

The one Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 with the Ballistic Plex reticle that I own is a decent scope. 13 ounces, decent clarity, clicks work accurately when sighting in, very useful hash marks in the scope, etc. No issues with it on a .22 LR, a .17 HMR and mostly on an accurate Remington M7 with a custom 22" barrel in.260 Rem.

Drawbacks are limited eye relief...wouldn't want it on a hard kicker as well as a rotating rear eye piece when you turn the power ring to zoom up or down. Only is an issue if you have a flip up rear scope cap on it. Good luck!

OP
S
Thanks all. Finally picked up the full field as mentioned above. Well within price point.