Help identifying a Stone sheep outfitter from late 80s.

chssain

FNG
Kind of a long shot here. But I would love to know if anyone could identify this outfitter or area by the pictures listed.
The hunter was my late Unkle, the hunt would have took place in the late 80s or early 90s.
For a background story, he was a hunting SOB, and ended up having a car wreak in 1992 that he had head injurys causing him to be basically a vegetable for the rest of his 17 years of life. I was 4 years old when he had his wreak and never got the opportunity to ask him 5000 questions about his hunts. These pictures are about all I have, and would curious as to if anyone on here recognises this guide or camp. Just for curiosity sake.
I know it was in british columbia but that's about all I have. My Mother doesn't know any details whatsoever.

Any info would be much appreciated. If nothing less at least get to share some old school pics of a nice Stone sheep!

Attachments

• IMG_20210204_201812.jpg
    IMG_20210204_201812.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_20210204_201801.jpg
    IMG_20210204_201801.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_20210204_201754.jpg
    IMG_20210204_201754.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 394

Rob5589

WKR
Cool pictures, terrible ending to your Uncle's life. Hopefully someone comes up with something. Good luck!

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
If you get your answer on Facebook please update us here. Awesome pictures and would like to hear the story

OP
chssain

chssain

FNG
I will try the Facebook group! I appreciate it, and I will report back if I get any information! Definitely some rough and tough guys! My unkle is the one without a beard. He was for sure an outdoorsman. Was hard to grow up with him being bedridden knowing what he loved to do. Makes you live every day like it's your last for sure!

Legend

WKR
Are there anymore photos of the horses? Might be able to see the brand which would be easy to track down.

Stoneage

FNG
Kind of a long shot here. But I would love to know if anyone could identify this outfitter or area by the pictures listed.
The hunter was my late Unkle, the hunt would have took place in the late 80s or early 90s.
For a background story, he was a hunting SOB, and ended up having a car wreak in 1992 that he had head injurys causing him to be basically a vegetable for the rest of his 17 years of life. I was 4 years old when he had his wreak and never got the opportunity to ask him 5000 questions about his hunts. These pictures are about all I have, and would curious as to if anyone on here recognises this guide or camp. Just for curiosity sake.
I know it was in british columbia but that's about all I have. My Mother doesn't know any details whatsoever.

Any info would be much appreciated. If nothing less at least get to share some old school pics of a nice Stone sheep!

Not sure if that helps you. I knew Rick as we both started Outfitting about the same time in British Columbia.
Rick was partner with Emil McCook out of Ingenika BC. After they parted company he had an Outfitt in the Yukon followed by an Outfitt in the Nord West Territories.
Apparently his Wife ran off with his Chief Guide and he lost that Outfit. Rick was a good hunter and a good Supercub Pilot. Last I heard, around 2018 he lived in Idaho and mentioned he was in the process of wring a Book reflecting on his Life.
I am still outfitting in the same area I purchased in 1978.

Be safe and keep in shape - Cheers