Help! Last minute hunt in Jefferson County West Virginia

LBuchser

WKR
Hey guys, I’m heading to Harpers Ferry, WV for just over three weeks on business, but will have a good amount of time to kill as well. I’m considering doing a whitetail hunt, if it makes sense. It’s a last minute thing so I’m scrambling to get as much info as possible to decided if I should even consider it. I’m leaving November 28th and returning December 18th. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, even if you say, don’t bother hunting, just enjoy the history and sites.

OP
LBuchser

LBuchser

WKR
In Harper's Ferry you are closer to VA and Md than West Va.

So I'd recommend if it's going to be nonresident, to look outside west Va.
Oh really? Are those better places to hunt? I'm not familiar with hunting the east coast.

Oh really? Are those better places to hunt? I'm not familiar with hunting the east coast.

Harper's Ferry is in the West Va pan handle. You are closer to more ground in MD, VA, and likely Pa than much public in West Va.

Not saying not to look at West by God, just you are in a obscure area of it.

I'd find somewhere to hunt if you are going to have that much free time, just saying to not focus on solely WVA.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
You could get some time in for the PA rifle season. It starts Nov 27 and ends Dec 11. Get familiar with the antler requirements for the unit (s) that you will hunt.

If you consider this, check the unit that you will be hunting. 4a, 5a, 5b have extended bear season so you might consider purchasing a bear tag as well...

Not sure about the WV seasons but I know several residents that won't hunt the state due to poor deer management practices and lack of public land

Sent from my N1374DL using Tapatalk

Last edited: