Help me catch this rat!

pk_

WKR
I didn’t read all the posts but if you haven’t tried a small piece of slim Jim as bait I would highly recommend that. That always gets the stubborn trap shy rats I have to deal with after customers have attempted to ‘handle it’ on their own. If you use the T-Rex or catchmaster ez set traps there is a little peg that comes down off the top inside of the trap you can impail the slim Jim onto forcing the rat to molest the trap enough to trigger it, no free lunch like they can get with peanut butter.

cut a few tiny pieces of the slim Jim and leave a bread crumb trail to the trap. Do it just before dark.

I didn’t read all the posts but if you haven’t tried a small piece of slim Jim as bait I would highly recommend that. That always gets the stubborn trap shy rats I have to deal with after customers have attempted to ‘handle it’ on their own. If you use the T-Rex or catchmaster ez set traps there is a little peg that comes down off the top inside of the trap you can impail the slim Jim onto forcing the rat to molest the trap enough to trigger it, no free lunch like they can get with peanut butter.

cut a few tiny pieces of the slim Jim and leave a bread crumb trail to the trap. Do it just before dark.

Snap into a slimjim?

WRM

WKR

That's gold right there! Never thought about a SJ, but I'm usin that one!!

If OP uses this with success, we gotta chip in to get Macho Man and the Squatch in on a pic.

Never mind--photoshop.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
If you haven't caught the rat on a snap trap by now. You might not ever. Bastard has probably had a bad experience with one. I like liqua-tox mixed with a little apple juice. If he's still using the burrow, there is tracking powder and it works.

If it's gotten personal and you need to see the body. Cut hotdogs in small pieces and toss them under the deck. Keep an eye on them until one disappers and get a snap there. Especially a trap that you have caught rodents with before, pheremones help.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
If you know where his hole is and it’s legal a body gripper blocking his exit entrance. Every hole you see, personally I’d prob just shoot it

Ok what is going on here? Rats don’t take the weekend off, so I wouldn’t suggest you do either. I couldn’t sleep last night and now I have gone all day with no news. This can’t be good.

Maybe it is true. Werat that never changed back to human?

Kindo

WKR
Have you considered running a neighborhood vaccine program to locate him? Then all you need to do is call in ST-6 for a night op.

Once the deed is done, consider an at-sea burial to avoid any rat shrines under your deck.

Gods speed.

WRM

WKR
Capt Willard didn't kill Col Kurtz in one night. It was a journey of madness that finally delivered each to the other.

1629578896119.png

sndmn11

WKR
Grandpa was a Cubbies fan. Gone long before 2016, but he was there in spirit.

Op, they make these for rats, too. Might be time.

View attachment 318807

@KickinNDishin put some of those in the crawlspace to catch the mice. They instead caught a few dozen Gardner Snakes that me and the equally terrified of snakes plumber and I discovered while trying to solve a leak issue. It was very dramatic, traumatic, and I still won't go in there.

14idaho

FNG
I thought I had a rat too. My son bought a live trap and so far I've caught 47 rats. One night I had 17 in the trap. Slick trap, trying to remember the name. Best bait is fishy wet cat food. Good luck

Reactions: WRM