Help me choose new Arrows!!

I need to get some new arrows. I need them in a 300 spine and preferably between a 8-9.5 GPI so I can get my final arrow weight from 475-500. I want a 5mm(0.204 ID) arrow with tight tolerances. My budget is about $200/ dozen. I have been looking at Victory RIP TKO's. But would like to know if you guys have any recommendations. Thanks!!

wayoh22

WKR
Victory RIP TKO's are your best bet, but that $200 for that dozen doesn't include anything else

ahlgringo

WKR
Sirius Apollos, I switched from tkos to these. Super tight tolerances, tough, shoot great.

Both great options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a .246 arrow and save your money.

You won't notice a difference between the two except for being Kool.

By the time you put a broadhead and fetching on them, you won't find a difference in wind drift. A broadhead cuts a bigger hole than both.

But between Easton, Black Eagle, Gold Tip, or Victory I think you will be fine, so long as you stick to a hits component system. Steer clear of the halfouts.

He'll immediately notice a difference in durability between the thin-walled .246" arrow and the thick-walled .204" arrows. That's the only reason I use .204's.

I'm constantly seeing issues with even Axis arrows at the point. The fact that the points aren't backed by anything but carbon seems to be a durability issue. You can collar them, and that's a great solution, but it's an additional step.

There's definitely some fragile .246 shafts out there, but between what I have shot, and shooting with a lot of different people I see issues pretty frequently. Even if it's just a sliver coming off the end of an unprotected .204. Glue in points generally have a little bit of a bulb, it helps protect the front of that shaft, the straight field points that people use don't offer that.

I've been bouncing enough of my .246's off trees and rocks to not be calling them fragile.

CB4

WKR
BE Rampage and total cost will be right around $200 after buying the shafts, and components you stated.

Franger

FNG
If you’re set on Ironwill products, I highly recommend looking at a 4mm arrow and using the Snyder Core system. It has completely mitigated any/all issues I had with the weaknesses in micro arrow designs. I’m using a Victory VAP with IW heads, HIT, and collars. Bulletproof.

OP
Dylan Sluis
If you’re set on Ironwill products, I highly recommend looking at a 4mm arrow and using the Snyder Core system. It has completely mitigated any/all issues I had with the weaknesses in micro arrow designs. I’m using a Victory VAP with IW heads, HIT, and collars. Bulletproof.
With the snyder core system. Do you have to use iron will broadheads and field points? Cause to me it looks like you do. And that eliminates it for me. I don't want to have to spend $100 every time I need a new pack of broadheads.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm constantly seeing issues with even Axis arrows at the point. The fact that the points aren't backed by anything but carbon seems to be a durability issue. You can collar them, and that's a great solution, but it's an additional step.
I started using .204's about 15 years ago and started with the Axis 300. I still have those arrows. The only reason I don't use them much anymore is because I have always been able to find other .204's that were more consistently accurate. But I still use some with judo points for grouse and rabbits and whenever I know I'll be hitting rocks and such. They've always held up fine.

Since that time I've used probably 7 or 8 different types of .204's. The only ones I've seen any kind of issues on with the ends, were the Black Eagle Rampage 250's, and GT Kinetic XT 200's. All the others I've used have been perfectly fine using just HIT's. I can't say the same for any regular diameter arrows I've used. They can't even handle shooting 2x6's.

I'm currently shooting RIP TKO Elite 250's and I really like them. I also have some Sirius Apollo 250's, but like the RIP TKO's better so far.

OP
Dylan Sluis
I started using .204's about 15 years ago and started with the Axis 300. I still have those arrows. The only reason I don't use them much anymore is because I have always been able to find other .204's that were more consistently accurate. But I still use some with judo points for grouse and rabbits and whenever I know I'll be hitting rocks and such. They've always held up fine.

Since that time I've used probably 7 or 8 different types of .204's. The only ones I've seen any kind of issues on with the ends, were the Black Eagle Rampage 250's, and GT Kinetic XT 200's. All the others I've used have been perfectly fine using just HIT's. I can't say the same for any regular diameter arrows I've used. They can't even handle shooting 2x6's.

I'm currently shooting RIP TKO Elite 250's and I really like them. I also have some Sirius Apollo 250's, but like the RIP TKO's better so far.
Have you used Victory RIP TKO's. And if you have, what do you think of them. And what other arrows have you tried and what's your thoughts?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Have you used Victory RIP TKO's. And if you have, what do you think of them. And what other arrows have you tried and what's your thoughts?
Read my last line above.

Let me see if I can remember them all.......for .204's.......Axis, Beman Black Max Elites, BE Rampage, Trophy Ridge Crush, GT Kinetic XT's, RIP TKO's, Sirius Apollo, and there's at least one more that's slipping my mind right now.......I'll remember it later. My favorite of the bunch are the TR Crush 300's, but they discontinued those several years ago now. The Black Max Elites were really good too, but again.......discontinued years ago.

With the snyder core system. Do you have to use iron will broadheads and field points? Cause to me it looks like you do. And that eliminates it for me. I don't want to have to spend $100 every time I need a new pack of broadheads.
Yes. With the Snyder Core system, the micro (4mm/.166") HIT insert is seated deeper inside the arrow than a typical HIT, so you need broadheads/field points with an elongated shank and Deep Six threads.

I did the rip TKOs for my build, finished at 495 gr with 185gr up front. Feel like that will be plenty stout with an IW HIT and collar without giving up much speed. Mine are 250 spine though with a 31 inch draw and 72-73 pounds.