Help me decide on Bora 80,osprey,ute

I have a like new ute,with pals pocket,belt,pouchs and bottle holder but i just dont use much.I have thought about sailing and using funds on a used Arc’teryx bora or osprey and use the extra funds on a few things i would use more,most of my trips are more 3-5 day hikes with my kids and maybe a 2-3 day hunt per year.I dont plan to pack out large loads of meat etc,maybe a stringer of fish.
Curious as both the arcteryx & osprey can be had for around 100 or less.
I even thought about something lighter like a used mariposa 60,i sure wouldnt mind less weight.

Last edited:

Pootros

FNG
I have a Bora 80 it has been a great pack. Very comfortable and durable. I think it is the ideal size for a week of backpacking. I looked at the 95 too but felt that it was just more than I needed. If you can find one for $100, I’d jump on it.

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I have a bora 80, it can fit mike deer quarters. It carries weight very well and is bomb proof. As long as it’s one of the made in Canada ones they are awesome packs. I’m going to be ordering a seek outside brooks pack, but only because my bora is to big for me. I bought it at a thrift store, but even thought it doesn’t fit perfect it’s still awesome. Super underrated pack.