Help me decide on glass

Jcalloway

FNG
So I’ve narrowed down my next hunting scope. I just recently sold my Athlon Ares Btr 4.5-27x50 as I realized I didn’t want a FFP, and that busy of a crosshair for hunting. It was decent glass though. I’ve narrowed it down to a few scopes, but if there is any that will make my cut with the criteria I lay out, feel free to let me know.
The first thing I want is something with a Fire dot reticle. I’ve become very accustomed to liking a dot reticle over the years and it must be illuminated. The 2nd thing I know I want is SFP. The 3rd would be I want something with at least 15 power on the top end. 4th is capped turrets or at least the Windage capped. Last but not least is I would like to keep it under a grand. But I will look for used, demos, whatever it takes to get me there.
Here is the scopes that I feel meet or come close to meeting what I want. Can anyone tell me if there’s one I should for sure cross off my list. Also low light performance is probably my biggest priority first. I appreciate all the help in advance.

Hawke Endurance 30 WA SF 4-16x50 LR Dot Illuminated
Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x56 CDS-ZL2 Firedot 4 fine
Meopta Optica6 3-18x56 RD 4C
Zeiss Conquest V4 3-12x56 Plex 60 illuminated

Rieckman

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't compared them at all, but I would call Doug at CameralandNY I believe they carry almost all of those models. I recently ordered an optic from them nice guys to work with.

I told Doug that I was used to, and pretty happy with, Leupold VX3 optics and he said I would not be disappointed with the Optika6. I bought a 3-18x56 with BDC. I believe you would like an Optika6 with one of their reticles.

OP
Jcalloway

Jcalloway

FNG
I told Doug that I was used to, and pretty happy with, Leupold VX3 optics and he said I would not be disappointed with the Optika6. I bought a 3-18x56 with BDC. I believe you would like an Optika6 with one of their reticles.
How is it in those last few minutes of light?

I don't have a direct comparison yet. I expect that the Optika6 won't be quite as good as "alpha" glass of the same objective size, but then there is a huge price difference. My goal was to get close at a fraction of the cost, by going to a larger objective than I have used in the past.

OP
Jcalloway

Jcalloway

FNG
Everything I’m hearing about the optikas is great, but if there’s any better low light clarity, I will step up.

I suggest that you call Doug, and be prepared to spend thousands if you want the very best. I go for alpha glass in my binos and spotter, but the scope doesn't need to be as good, just good enough to see it and see that I am aiming at the right one if there are several out there.

morgaj1

WKR
I would second calling Doug. If you are looking for demo’s it’s hard to beat Red Hawk Rifles Zeiss Conquest V4 demo prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
Look at the prices of Zeiss V4 at Red Hawk Rifles. Very pleased with the 4-16x50 that I purchased. Don't let the "Used/Demo" discourage you. I don't think my scope had ever been out of the box.