help me decide: Sitka Downpour or high end hiking rain pants on sale?

raisins

FNG
Hi All,

As you know, around this time of year, you can often snag high end La Sportiva, Arcteryx, Marmot, etc. hiking/skiing rain pants that usually cost $400 for less than $200 (on sierra trading post, etc). Higher end "hunting" rain pants never seem to go on sale to that degree because there aren't as many companies and the production is lower.

I already have Helly Hansen Impertech and also Lightheart Gear (fully impermeable/not breathable) for sitting and steady rain.

For light rain showers and moving around, I like gore tex, and so I need a new pair of gore tex pants.

These will be for bow hunting. I can overcome the noise of a nylon pair of highend 3 layer gore tex marmot bibs by simply wearing fleece pants over them.

So, buy a pair of Sitka/First Lite/Kuiu camo gore tex pants or a really expensive (but massively discounted) pair of non-hunting pants in black/brown/gray and call it a day?

Because pants get torn so much more easily than a jacket, I am also considering military gore tex pants (very cheap, but sometimes hard to find size if you want brand new).

Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Please help me decide.

Thanks - R