Help me decide which scope.

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at a couple rifle options a 280AI or the 6.5PRC and I want to top it with a good scope that I can dial. I want to keep the rifle fairly light since its for deer hunting and packing around all day. I think I have narrowed it down to the Swarovski Z6 3-18 and the Leica Amplus 3-18. I would like to be able to dial to 700 yards but typically hunt inside of 350 yards. Give me your thoughts and or experience on these scopes. I have a Z-5 on a 7mm and am not a huge fan of the BT turrets.
Thanks -Nate

OP
N

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't like the BTs because of the three colored dots, get one of these: https://outdoorsmans.com/collection...ovski-custom-turret-z6?variant=29362534416502
Have you run the Z6? I was hoping to get some first hand info on how it dials or someone that's used either scope and what they think of them. The amplus is pretty new it just peaks my interest but not sure on the retical it looks a little too busy. I am leaning towards the amplus but I have trouble deciding Which way to go.

Have you run the Z6? I was hoping to get some first hand info on how it dials or someone that's used either scope and what they think of them. The amplus is pretty new it just peaks my interest but not sure on the retical it looks a little too busy. I am leaning towards the amplus but I have trouble deciding Which way to go.

I've run a 3-18x50, 1.7-10x42, and a 2-16x50 Z8.

They work well. Clicks are good but not the kind you get in a PRS scope like a Kahles/TanTheta, etc. I always got the BRH and paid the upcharge for a turret addition. Adds a lot to the scope.

mi650

WKR
Going by memory here, since I no longer own any Swaro rifle scopes, just mounted an Amplus 6 a couple weeks ago.

I'd say the Z6 has a slight edge in clarity. Low light performance is close. Reticles in the Amplus can be pretty busy, but don't have to be. The 4A and 4A BDC are essentially duplex reticles with an illuminated center dot.

Prices on the Amplus are quite a bit less than the Z6, enough to factor into the decision, for me anyway.

And just to muddy up the water some, don't overlook Trijicons in the same price range as the Leica.

OP
N

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the feed back. Have you shot with the amplus much yet? How do you feel it dials? Are you overall pretty happy with it?