Help me find a drink

K2e2vin

FNG
I drink a lot of the same drinks; you may like Woodford Reserve Double Oak, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, and Angel's Envy. I think Whistle Pig was good too but it's been a while.

Fogalo

Lil-Rokslider
I’d go down the tequila rd. Look for repos. Honestly there’s of good ones. Milagro, avion, hornitos, altos. Although I worked in the liquor industry for a long time so as long as it’s not microwaved rail gin it’s not too bad. Start buying different stuff at a price point you’re comfortable. If you don’t like it pawn it off on the in laws at Christmas (is that a Wisconsin thing?)

LuvDog

FNG
Well you like the MM and the 4 Roses… and you are looking for something woody, nutty, vanilla, oak. Which basically describes a good bourbon, but you want something different. That’s gonna be hard… honestly what about a good cigar or pipe. You can get those same flavors there.

Maybe a Rum

Mosby

WKR
Would like a caramel/vanilla/nut/oak kind of thing
10- 12 year old Bourbon if you can find it. I bought dozens of bottles of aged Elijah Craig, Henry McKenna and Evan Williams private selection when you could still walk in the store and buy it off the shelf for less than $30. One of my more brilliant moves if you ask me. If I was buying today, I might consider going to a distillery that I like and buying a barrel that you select. They will bottle it for you. Go big or go home.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
10- 12 year old Bourbon if you can find it. I bought dozens of bottles of aged Elijah Craig, Henry McKenna and Evan Williams private selection when you could still walk in the store and buy it off the shelf for less than $30. One of my more brilliant moves if you ask me. If I was buying today, I might consider going to a distillery that I like and buying a barrel that you select. They will bottle it for you. Go big or go home.

Elijah Craig is good stuff.

Try a good rum. El Dorado 12 is my favorite. It is actually sweeter than bourbon, but it’s a change of pace.

When I want a scotch, I want Islay, Laphroaig 10, Ardbeg 10, or Lagavulin 16. I’m sure there are plenty of others but I don’t branch out a lot as I don’t drink it often.

I will drink a Jameson if I want something in between a bourbon and a scotch.

Jameson has some different whiskey that’s aged in beer barrels. I bought a bottle aged in stout and it was really good.

For reference I typically like Buffalo Trace, Bullit Rye , etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Evan Williams on ice. If you don’t like the first, you might change your mind on the second. If the second still doesn’t tickle your fancy the third is sure to float your boat.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It seems like what you're looking for is a taste born of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and cabins warm. Boldly flavorful yet surprisingly smooth? But I can't think of anything that fits that description, so good luck.

A glass of Luke warm dick beer maybe?

Just looking to branch out.

Liking the idea of a 1 drink night - something to sip on.

Want it to be diff from the whiskey/bourbon thing.
Someone asked - what's wrong with 4 Roses - absolutely nothing. One of my favorites.
I have a buddy who mostly drinks Black Russians (vodka&kahlua) in deer camp. Once in awhile I have one with him. Not too sweet, nice coffee flavor, it’s a pretty nice campfire cocktail. Typically I’m a bourbon guy, but it works when I’m in the mood for something different.

zandroid

FNG
There's a ton of different bourbons now. I'm partial to Buffalo Trace, either neat or on the rocks.

SonnyDay

WKR
It seems like what you're looking for is a taste born of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and cabins warm. Boldly flavorful yet surprisingly smooth? But I can't think of anything that fits that description, so good luck.
I still have nightmares about Yukon Jack's revenge in the Quetico one time... stay away from the taste born of hoary nights...

tdot

WKR
Try a good rum. El Dorado 12 is my favorite. It is actually sweeter than bourbon, but it’s a change of pace.

This is the exact Rum I thought of after reading the first post. It's a fantastic sipping rum. Not a sweet rum. Lots of flavour. The 12 year old is a gem, cheaper then their 15 or 20 year old bottles and I personally prefer it. Reminds me, I need to pickup another bottle of it.