Help me find a drink

Fogalo

Lil-Rokslider
Jameson has some different whiskey that’s aged in beer barrels. I bought a bottle aged in stout and it was really good.

For reference I typically like Buffalo Trace, Bullit Rye , etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jameson cask mates is what you’re thinking of. They have a stout and an IPA. They’ve got a barrel exchange with a couple breweries - basically they give Jameson barrels (which were originally Jack or Jim barrels) and give them to a brewery to age beer in for a short while. Then they take the barrels back and finish regular Jameson in them… the stout is sweeter and better for sipping and the IPA is better for shots

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
I am not a scotch drinker. However I have a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 that i was going to take to Nebraska for my brother and his b-inlaw. Unfortuantely didn't make the trip due to 'rona. Cracked her open and poured some over stones, Delish!!!!!

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Mitchters bourbon. Hits all the flavors you wanted more richly and far better than lower rung bourbons without getting carried away on price.
On Scotch, I am with all the rest of you who drink Balvenie and Lagavulin, but still prefer that Mitchters.

Loper

WKR
Just looking to branch out.

Liking the idea of a 1 drink night - something to sip on.

Want it to be diff from the whiskey/bourbon thing.
Someone asked - what's wrong with 4 Roses - absolutely nothing. One of my favorites.

My buddy started a business that makes a “Bourbon Bullet”. It’s piece of oak, cherry, or maple shaped like a 338 Lapua. You drop it in your bourbon and it gives it a little more flavor. You can reuse the bullet too after you finish the bottle.

It might be worth trying out as you can add it to your existing bourbons that you like for a different or unique flavor..

Also it is veteran and hunter owned!

6f8e27b29e3cb4e6b5131e5b4dda5fe7.jpg

Torrent50

FNG
Rabbit Hole Dareringer will give you a little different flavor profile. Finished in sherry casks.

I'm looking for something easy to sip and savor.

Would like a caramel/vanilla/nut/oak kind of thing.

We primarily drink whiskey/bourbon (Jack, G Jack, 4 Roses, Makers Mark, W Turkey, etc.) and a few other things - brandy is nice but I don't want it that sweet.

Tried a scotch last night and it evaporated in my mouth. Had something else and it tasted like gasoline nasty. Probably should go to a bar and try diff stuff at $10/drink as opposed to $30-$50 a bottle.

Any suggestions?
Try the flavored Crowns. They have ever flavor you mentioned.

wytx

WKR
They used to make a smaller bottle so this is quite spendy but it is great kept in the freezer. Not available everywhere but it is outside of Texas I think.

Balmorhea.jpg

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
Old Forester 1910 or 1920

For rum, anything from Foursquare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk