Help me Id this pack!

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
Settle this debate.. What brand of pack is this? There is aboslutely no tags/branding anywhere on it. not even to say what it is made of. My buddy loves it and refuses to upgrade but has no idea what the heck it is. Given to him as a gift.. Lets put this to rest.. What is it?

Attachments

• Pack 1.jpg
    Pack 1.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 113
  • pack 2.jpg
    pack 2.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 108
  • pack 3.jpg
    pack 3.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 108
  • pack 4.jpg
    pack 4.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 102
  • pack 5.jpg
    pack 5.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 102

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
McHale usually have two belt closures . I’ve seen some old North Face packs that look pretty similar and the two people I have known with them , love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
The way the shoulder straps attach to the back panel definitely looks like something that North Face had in the early 80’s. But, the lumbar pad, hip belt, and bag closure doesn’t match. At least with my degrading memory. To me, it looks like a Lowe pack, also from that early 80s era.

tdot

WKR
My vote is The North Face. I remember similar shoulder strap adjustment system and also the way they looped their top closure string around the first grommet. No idea if other companies did that, but I do remember looking at those two things while inspecting a family friends pack vs my dad's pack (as an 8 year old, so I could be wrong).

I think TNF used tags back then, it wasn't until much later they started to embroider their name directly onto the fabric. So it's possible for the tag to have been lost... might be a square outline of needle holes on the top lid.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would vote north face on a closer look at the shoulder straps … granted it’s been a few years since I seen one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk