Help me pick a new bullet please!

Another vote for Barnes TEZ 290s. I use Harvester Crush Rib sabots with mine and they are much easier to push down the barrel.

OP
180splitg3
I think I will give the Barnes a try. Can anyone tell me the difference between the different Barnes muzzeloader bullets? It seems like there are several different models - I will do some research as well...

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
I've had good luck with the Barnes Expander 250 on whitetail--found one of my bullets in a doe that dropped in 10 feet--it had mushroomed perfectly and hit exactly where I needed it to. I'm setting my gun up for CO and now tried out the Thor 300 grain. Surprisingly they shoot pretty much the exact same. Apparently these are made by Barnes too? The real difference is with ease of loading--it can be a bear to get the bullet down the barrel, especially after a couple shots. If I wasn't going to use it out west, I think I'd just stick with the Barnes Expander. I'm looking forward to using the Thor though--it seems to be a great option without the sabot. I used the sizing pack to select my bullet diameter--this was a very easy process and I did it for both of my muzzleloaders.