Help me pick a shelter & stove setup

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
So I have a big Agnes fly creek and love it. I am from the east coast and go out west for a minimum of 3 week a year. More and more of my hunting buddies want to start coming out hunting but don’t have the funds I do, so I am in the pursuit of purchasing a floor less shelter, I have my eye on the 6 man tipi from seek outside, not interested in the kifaru shelters. Is there and other 4-6 man shelters I am missing? Pricing must be kept under $2000. TIA

I've been researching floorless shelters and stoves as well. I've used several, just time to get my own. I've settled on the SO stoves due to the fact that they seem to be simple to assemble. Shelter is still up in the air.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Could be because Kifaru doesn't make a 6 man tipi anymore, and the 8 man is almost $1200. 6 man tipi from SO is $799. That's a tipi and stove for the price of the closest shelter from Kifaru.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have the SO 4-man tipi for two people max with a large SO stove and it’s just about perfect.

I did the sewn in bug doors only because I will use it during the summer while fly fishing and the black flies are horrible where I go. I don’t think you could go wrong with the 6-man if you need more space. I’d definitely do the XL or larger stove with that setup though. My 2 cents ...

Also, if you do go with a conventional tipi design, I found that using the radius method to pitch it works best for me.

I did an overhand knot in a piece of paracord for the center stake, then knotted the end where I measured out 5’11” and tied a knot on that end. Takes me about 3 minutes to stake it out by spinning that piece of paracord around the center stake, then I put the pole where the center stake was, raise it, and it’s done. Simple. And I loop the paracord on the tipi top loop for storage so I always have it with me. You could use the center pole for measuring too, but the paracord is super easy and gets you a perfect pitch every time.

OP
J

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
Reason for no kifaru... A..The price & design I personally don't favor.. also I didn't see them with any 6 man. That's the only reason, nothing against kifaru it just doesn't seem to suite my needs. S.O seems to be the only one to fit my needs - I just didn't know if there were any brands I missed in my research

I just ordered a Jimmy Tarps Hudson and an SO medium stove. Should be here in time to sleep in it and burn in the stove next weekend. Timing is good, I want to try it out in cold weather to find any potential issues and to build confidence. My wife and son will be spending more time hunting next year, so I also want them to have confidence that they'll be warm and dry. My wife is pretty concerned about the whole floorless thing.....

Once you and your wife actually use a floorless tent and stove I doubt you’ll ever consider anything else.
I've used floorless dozens of times, but she has the same fear that most people do, a six-eyed maneating, twenty pound mosquito is going to kill her because there isn't a floor haha! She actually has used floorless, our cook tent when I was guiding was a floorless wall tent, but she claims that she never slept in it.

KitShickers

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been eyeing the stuff from Luxe. The stove looks pretty cool. And the price of the 6p is tough to compete with. Anyone have one?

reaper

WKR
Ive been eyeing the stuff from Luxe. The stove looks pretty cool. And the price of the 6p is tough to compete with. Anyone have one?
I have the hexpeak XL its good,really nice shelter.The stove is like a kifaru but with a window.
798a2e46e928605b1fef02dc43890193.jpg
c51956985ce964d8e3bc73b691fafc8a.jpg
c2a02c460a3ab42fc02e2814e53549a9.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Luxe octopeak. I used it for a week this fall. Lots of room for 2 guys and all our gear. I dont really have anything to compare it to but it was an economical way to get into the floorless game. Quality seems good and i dont see a reason for me to upgrade at the moment. Only addition will probably be stove jack this year.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk