Help me pick a tent, please

I currently have a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2. It's a "2 man" tent by title, but I ain't that way. I need a couple of things that this tent doesn't have and I'd like to only buy 1 more tent.

Larger. Based on the size of my current tent, 4 man.
Warmer. I'm about positive I want to have a stove.

I've seen a couple of Tipee (sp) type tents. I believe 1 was a Seek Outside, can't be positive. Its had a stove jack and was maybe double walled... maybe. I'm not at all knowledgeable on tents, but a lot of folks here are. Please educate me

e

gelton

WKR
Most anything that will accept a stove isn't going to be double-walled. They may have a nest but definitely not a floor or double-wall.

Kifaru Tut, Kifaru SawTooth, Seek Outside and others all have attractive offerings if you are looking for a stove, but I don't have enough experience to recommend one...I've been using a Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 during archery with no issues whatsoever.

During rifle seasons it's a wall tent with the Copper Spur as a backup if we decide to spike out.

HuntnPack

WKR
Look at Seek Outside offerings.
several with stove options.
Look at a Cimarron with stove jack.
Double or single door, with or without screens.
You can add options as needed, full or half nest, Ti stove, ground sheets or pads,
Carbon pole, line locks, etc.

Stalker69

WKR
Most anything that will accept a stove isn't going to be double-walled. They may have a nest but definitely not a floor or double-wall.

Kifaru Tut, Kifaru SawTooth, Seek Outside and others all have attractive offerings if you are looking for a stove, but I don't have enough experience to recommend one...I've been using a Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 during archery with no issues whatsoever.

During rifle seasons it's a wall tent with the Copper Spur as a backup if we decide to spike out.
I have a montanta wall tent that has a sewn in floor that has a roof jack. I personally won't buy a tent without a floor, texas has a lot of creepy crawlers that bite and sting, plus the ticks.

Checkout NorTent, a company out of Norway… a couple different options to choose from that should fit your needs/wants. I ordered one from them earlier this year and love it… took a minute to get it to the good ole USA but worth the wait.

csutton7

FNG
Luxe is another one to look at. I have no experience with their teepees, but I do have a Titanium Goat teepee and a Ti-goat stove. Titanium Goat is no longer in business I believe. I did just buy a Luxe titanium stove and haven't used it yet, but I like the assembly of it over the Ti-Goat stove. You just need to keep a lot of firewood on hand as they don't burn very large pieces, but we've never been cold in that teepee with the stove going. Great to cook on also.

T28w

WKR
Luxe is another one to look at. I have no experience with their teepees, but I do have a Titanium Goat teepee and a Ti-goat stove. Titanium Goat is no longer in business I believe. I did just buy a Luxe titanium stove and haven't used it yet, but I like the assembly of it over the Ti-Goat stove. You just need to keep a lot of firewood on hand as they don't burn very large pieces, but we've never been cold in that teepee with the stove going. Great to cook on also.
I agree and have a luxe octapeak and Wild West stove they sell. Just getting back from using it in Colorado and was very pleased. This the second year I have used the tent. Last year was burn ban and warm so I left it at house. For price I think they are decent. I have never seen a seek outside but I’m sure the quality is better thus cost is more. If/when my luxe is done I will prob spring for the seek one.

I just got the luxe hexpeak xl and the lite outdoors titanium stove. Haven't used them anywhere other than my back yard, but we had a pretty good rain last night and the tent stayed dry and the stove was HOT. Can't wait to get it out into the mountains and really test it out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Seekoutside Cimarron is extremely flexible “system”. Palace for 1, excellent for 2 with gear, can fit 4 w/gear. Options for different scenarios include stove, 1/2 nest, full nest, condensation liners. Very versatile system

The Seek Outside Cimmaron would fit you nicely if you don't mind a tipi w/o a floor. It is a true 2 man. I use the Redcliff ( next size up) floorless tipi and have never regretted getting it. It is perfect for 2 man in cold weather where I need everything inside including a pile of wood to stay dry. The floorless fits me out west.
I refer no floor as the floor always gets trashed any way. I use the lite outdoors titanium xl wood stove. I got the bigger one so I can fit bigger branches in it so I dont have to be as picky when gathering wood.

The Seek Outside Cimmaron would fit you nicely if you don't mind a tipi w/o a floor. It is a true 2 man. I use the Redcliff ( next size up) floorless tipi and have never regretted getting it. It is perfect for 2 man in cold weather where I need everything inside including a pile of wood to stay dry. The floorless fits me out west.
I refer no floor as the floor always gets trashed any way. I use the lite outdoors titanium xl wood stove. I got the bigger one so I can fit bigger branches in it so I dont have to be as picky when gathering wood.
I'm curious how much this stove and tent setup weigh all total with any accessories. Have you weighed it?

I'm curious how much the stove and tent weigh all total with any accessories. Have you weighed it?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I don't have the smaller Cimmaron. I have the redcliff. If I remember the specs are close to accurate. I added the round screen spark arrestor for the stove and permanent guy out lines on the tipi, so my set up is heavier than spec'd any way. I remember cutting out weight to justify the bigger tipi. I switched from a heavy Jet boil to a light weight MSR. But then I added a heavier insl pad, and switched out something else to get weight back down.
To be honest, now I don't even weigh stuff, I just pack it and go hunt. I am only hiking in a few miles so to me it's no biggy.

TAGPUNCHER

Lil-Rokslider
Checkout NorTent, a company out of Norway… a couple different options to choose from that should fit your needs/wants. I ordered one from them earlier this year and love it… took a minute to get it to the good ole USA but worth the wait.
What KIND? I want that Gamme 6. What was lead time?

Another one to consider. A bit lower cost but he will fully customize for you is Bear Paw Wilderness Designs. We have the Luna 6 and has been a pretty decent tent. Have never had an issue with it. Also have the Lite outdoors 18" Ti stove. All in with CF pole we are 7ish lbs? Ive actually never weighed.

Attachments

• bpwd luna 6.JPG
    bpwd luna 6.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 32
What KIND? I want that Gamme 6. What was lead time?
I purchased the bivuak. Perfect for my needs. On an early summer trip I had four guys in it. Used it for a hike in antelope hunt earlier this fall and will be using it again in two weeks in Wyoming for deer. I also purchased a Kifaru cylinder stove (lightest I could find) and will use it for the first time in Wyoming.
The lead time was just over a week.

Attachments

• B1FEEF2C-B3E7-4C8C-9FDD-34CCF0375DCB.jpeg
    B1FEEF2C-B3E7-4C8C-9FDD-34CCF0375DCB.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 41

chadlove

FNG
Do you attach trekking poles or use center pole for redcliff, is there a special way to attach trekking poles?

duck

FNG
Cant go wrong with a kifaru sawtooth, love mine in a variety of conditions

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2. It's a "2 man" tent by title, but I ain't that way. I need a couple of things that this tent doesn't have and I'd like to only buy 1 more tent.

Larger. Based on the size of my current tent, 4 man.
Warmer. I'm about positive I want to have a stove.

I've seen a couple of Tipee (sp) type tents. I believe 1 was a Seek Outside, can't be positive. Its had a stove jack and was maybe double walled... maybe. I'm not at all knowledgeable on tents, but a lot of folks here are. Please educate me

e
I haven’t got one yet but I’m very interested in the argali tents