Help me pick an over/under

Donjuan

WKR
Looking to find an OU, mostly for quail hunting. My big hangup is I want one with EXTRACTORS for saving hulls to reload and not littering.
Would like a 28ga, lightweight, and nothing fancy.
Leaning towards a CZ drake...thoughts?

Extractors? On an over/under? You are missing the best part of a cool shotgun!!!

CZs are great, or you can look for a citori and modify it to extract instead of eject.

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
I personally shoot a beretta 686 and love it but it doesn't seem to fit your bill in terms of extractors. My dad has a cz I bought for him years ago and it is a nice little shot gun. No issues with it. I would suggest them.

Tod osier

WKR
Looking to find an OU, mostly for quail hunting. My big hangup is I want one with EXTRACTORS for saving hulls to reload and not littering.
Would like a 28ga, lightweight, and nothing fancy.
Leaning towards a CZ drake...thoughts?

Be sure to look at the various citoris out there, they are a solid choice even used. As said you will get used to ejectors or you can disable them.

rkoeneke

FNG
Get woke! Beat the Browning Citori fan boys and get an old Miroku (same gun made by the same people). Either imported by Charles Daly, or if you can find a Miroku itself (hard to do in the US) you'll be styling! You will have to reside to fixed chokes if you want to do it... but man they are cool!

At least I think so.

Tod osier

WKR
Get woke! Beat the Browning Citori fan boys and get an old Miroku (same gun made by the same people). Either imported by Charles Daly, or if you can find a Miroku itself (hard to do in the US) you'll be styling! You will have to reside to fixed chokes if you want to do it... but man they are cool!

At least I think so.

Miroku only made for Charles Daly in the 60s and 70s from what I know, so it would have to be that era gun, more recent are Turkish.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Suggest you stalk the Griffin & Howe used website, buy a better grade used, and if I were looking for another 28, would think hard about a side x side.

Riplip

WKR
The one that fits you the best. I have numerous shotguns including a few higher grade guns, but I always seem to grab my Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon in 20 gauge. The gun just fits me perfectly and therefore I tend to shoot it better than any of my other guns.

Cole Gunsmith will modify the Beretta from ejectors to extractors.

Antares

WKR

At least I think so.

My trap gun is a Weatherby Olympian made by Miroku. It is a pleasure to shoot.

Buzby

WKR
Watch the weights for 28ga. Most aren’t much if any lighter than a good 20ga. Id suggest a Franchi Instint SL. It has an aluminum receiver, it’s lighter than most any other O/U available. They’re also better quality than 90% of the guns coming out of Turkey.

Rodmor80

FNG
Stoeger Condor. Buy the 12 gadget. Both the 20 and 12 barrel sets are interchangeable on the stock. Sometimes you can buy them together as a set