Help me pick arrows given my setup

K_pem

WKR
Bouncing between arrow ideas, a few options available from my local shop and actually found a killer deal on some arrows locally that didnt work out for someone else that happen to fit my needs, anyways heres what im looking at:

Easton axis 340
Easton FMJ 340
(i bought 2 of each of these and was convinced to have them cut to 29.5" just to try out and see how i liked them with the thought that i could buy 4-6 more and have a set later on if i liked them, also a fella on here has a few FMJ that are really close to 29.5" that i could get for a deal also)
Goldtip Kinetic chaos 350
(I found 10 of these for a steal of a deal >$5 an arrow, that happen to be cut to my needs, apparently the guy bought a dozen and ruined 2 arrows before realizing that he needed to upgrade to a 300 spine, only thing that sucks is that they dont match any of my stuff but i dont really care lol)

My setup:
Bear encounter bow
27.5" draw
64lbs
100g shuttle t broadhead
Primary purpose is elk thinking i was gonna have a total arrow weight around 430-480? Thoughts?

Bdhuntin

FNG
Pretty close to my setup. I decided to go with the axis 340’s. 50 gr brass insert and 100 gr Head. Almost the same weight as the FMJ’s with the standard inserts but with better FOC. Playing with different fletching this week.

Depending on your max effective range I wouldn't shoot a 430 at a elk past 40yrds. I'd try to get around 500gr with a 3 blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

541hunter

WKR
Why wouldn't you shoot an elk past 40 yards with that setup?

An arrow weighing less than 450 starts losing momentum at a high rate after 40 yrds especially at the 60-65lb. If you want to shoot 50yrds, I'd shoot 500gr minimum to be safe. The farther you plan to shoot the higher your momentum should be. With a 30% chance of hitting a rib at any given time it's starts to get risky with a lighter build.

541hunter

WKR
Copy that. The charts I have seen for a similar set up doesn't show the drop off. At most it was a difference of 8ft lbs between 0 yards and 60 yards.