Help me pick out my first piece of KUIU clothing

Lawnboi

WKR
Well i wanted the pants but there out of 32s, so im looking at some other stuff, ill order the pants as soon as they get them back in stock.

Either a guide jacket, or a chugach jacket, maybe a vest.

What do you guys suggest, i want to be impressed enough to want to go out and buy more.

I really need some raingear, considering that i just sold my last set.

Last edited:
Well, if the missing piece of gear in your kit is raingear then go for the Chugach jacket and pants. They are repesentative of the brand and should fit your needs well from what I have heard about them.

I am a 32 to 33 inch in the pants but I ordered the 34s based on the fit of their shirts and jacket. Very glad that I did! They fit perfect with just a little bit of room to layer underneathe and not be uncomfortable.

If you need raingear then maybe the Chugach jacket and pants. However, you will get more all around use out of the guide jacket.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
The rain gear is great for the price. Very impressed with the little I used it in southeast Alaska end of last season as I order them late and used other gear last season for the most part. Look forward to using the kuiu raingear exclusively this fall.

The neck gaiter rocks!!! And I wanna get a guide be any and some attack pants as well.

Gman

WKR
The neck gaiter rocks!!! And I wanna get a guide be any and some attack pants as well.

I've loved everything I've gotten from them and am about to order some guide pants in a plain color for around town and offseason backcountry use but my most loved and favorite piece of KUIU kit is the neck gaitor. Weights nothing, packs into nothing and is awesome. Has a very wide range of temperature uses and just by shutting out that cool air around your neck you can get far more mileage until needing to layer up. Oh, and when I got it, I was like, "I paid what for this little piece of ($()#$#)(!" It's just so small and thin - but then I used it and couldn't be happier.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you were going to buy only one item i would recommend the attack pants. Extremely comfortable, durable, plenty of pockets and dry quickly. All their gear is first rate and I believe you will be happy with any piece you purchase!

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Im also going to get the guide beanie right away.

Tough choice though, either the guide jacket, or chugach jacket. with the hat and neck gaiter. Thats pretty much what i can afford for my first purchase.

If you need rain gear then quit looking at the guide IMO. The Chugach is RAIN GEAR go that route. But I think that a lot of it depends on what gear you have now in your arsenal?!?!

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Yea i should probably go with some rain gear for starters. I just got rid of most of my collection. But i have a decent collection of non camo technical gear. But raingear is the one thing im missing in both catagories. So for starters ill go with the chugach, i might need it for a few shed hunting trips iv got planned coming up here. I wish i had the change to just jump and get it all!

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
well i just ordered the chugach jacket, all i really need now right now is raingear. Wouldnt want to go into an upcoming shed hunting trip without a hardshell top atleast.

Ill be honest, iv never spent 300 bucks on a jacket, Pretty steep! i hope it lives up to what i have read about it.

Last edited: