help me select components & weights

Which would be better?

• Build #1(heavy)

• Build #2 (light)

• Build #3 (medium)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jimbob

WKR
I made my own draw board to help with tuning, pretty cheap. Also, I use a bowmaster press, again pretty cheap. Lets me tune my own bow without a shop.

I am using the free calculator on the gold tip website and one from archery calculator .com. like I said, slow day at work and i found these with a simple web search. I knew they would only be a close guess, but I figured it would give me some numbers to compare and for others to see.

I believe I saw a video iron will had where it took only 14ft-lbs to penetrate a deer hide with their broadhead. I know you need to account for possible bone and other "debris", so more should definetly be better
You'll have plenty of KE no matter which arrow setup you choose. I just pointed that out because I've talked to guys who were hesitant to shoot heavy arrows because a (flawed) calculator was saying they would lose KE. KE will increase slightly with increasing arrow weight, and your speed will be a little higher than that calculator is telling you.

If you'll be building the arrows yourself and want to experiment with various weights, you could use heat reversible glue on your inserts and add/subtract stackable weights (Gold Tip FACT weights or similar) behind the insert to fine tune total weight.

Rob5589

WKR
You have time until season begins. Get the bow to spec first. Setting up arrows now at 65 lbs isn't going to help you later at 70 lbs, where the bow should be.