Help me set up my new Satori

These kinda quivers turn me off...just aren't what I want:

I'd prefer something that looks more like this but carries 5 arrows in a circular configuration:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171030/f395d5314ced90d329a74a702139346e.jpg

Not opposed to a custom made one either. Is this my best option? https://www.eaglesflightarchery.com/product/5-arrow-chief/

Also...any tips on how to carrying a recurve in the field? Much longer than my CBs. Figured I would need to pack it in broken down and unstrung until ready to hunt. Ordered some cases from Far North. Any tips?

Last edited:

oldgoat

WKR
Why not carry it in your hand? I've run into elk close to the truck coming and going! Not sure why you want circular quiver, I prefer the flatter profile an inline quiver give, but choices are good I guess. Great Northern have a circular quiver gripper, but it's a strap on. If you go with GN get the deep hood! I prefer Selway slide on or quick detach for bows with longer risers but like the GN for shorter riser bows like my one and two piece longbows.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Is it mounted to a Satori? Can I see it? Wanna see how you mounted it.

Kay9Cop

FNG
The Satori is drilled and tapped for any one piece quiver. Or are you just looking for something more traditional?

I find eagleflight quivers to be lighter then Selways, at least the older ones. Think they both make strap on and bolt on versions.

At my age I’m using two walking sticks on the hike in. So I pack in my 2-piece take-down bow broken down and in a bow sock and secured in the long side sleeve of my pack. With some clothing for cushion on the bottom. I’ve seen my friends 3piece riser cut a hole thru his kiui pack w/o protection.
I never used a hard case to protect bow/arrow because of added weight. Only for my screw on broadheads which I keep in a travel soap bar holder. I put a few rubber bands around my arrows and place the field point end into a wide mouth Gatorade bottle/piss bottle and slide that in the other long sleeve. Quiver goes in a pocket.

Before the trip I mark the proper brace height on a few arrows. I measure the nock position with an arrow as well. When I get to camp I assemble everything and take a few shots and check the B/H and nock. Always carry a stringer and back up string which has been broken in already. I carry a few extra broad heads and nocks for axis arrows.

OP
Where's Bruce?
Is there a small riser mounted quiver with a more traditional look, I dislike the models that look like they belong on a CB.

OP
Where's Bruce?
I would use the quiver in your first post vs limb mounted.

The limb mounted quivers can change your tune....affect arrow flight.

I prefer a lighter, simpler looking trad quiver and am told with the 21" Satori that the positioning of the quiver on the limbs close to the riser would prevent impact. Also, nothing is tuned yet so can't I tune with the quiver on? Is so then it's just a matter of selecting the 4-5 arrow quiver I like best...right?

I also prefer a rounded shaft gripper like this...

gripper.jpg

...over the straight one. I prefer a streamlined and subdued look. For me less is more. Anyone manage to pack 5 arrows into a 4 arrow quiver head? I kinda like the simplicity of the Apache w/ a 5 arrow mini clip. Think I can squeeze a 5th BH in there?

apache.jpgmini.jpg

Last edited:
Think it would be tight depending on which broadhead plus the mini clip is really designed for a judo point or field point. The pictures show eagle flight Chief with 5 grizzly broadheads.
I sometimes have only 4 BH with a judo or I just carry a judo in my belt pocket and spin off a BH if I want to practice or grouse hunt.6B308C8E-94BD-4730-80EB-978005DAFED6.jpeg57D704BA-CF51-416D-BB38-8E2DA5259130.jpeg934C0337-8AA5-4149-8751-83F0A04CEAA5.jpeg

When I first started hunting with my longbow I always worried about needing more then a quiver full of arrows. I learned I didn’t so don’t worry.

I prefer a lighter, simpler looking trad quiver and am told with the 21" Satori that the positioning of the quiver on the limbs close to the riser would prevent impact. Also, nothing is tuned yet so can't I tune with the quiver on? Is so then it's just a matter of selecting the 4-5 arrow quiver I like best...right?

I also prefer a rounded shaft gripper like this...

View attachment 88618

...over the straight one. I prefer a streamlined and subdued look. For me less is more. Anyone manage to pack 5 arrows into a 4 arrow quiver head? I kinda like the simplicity of the Apache w/ a 5 arrow mini clip. Think I can squeeze a 5th BH in there?

View attachment 88619View attachment 88620
When tuning it’s about the added weight on the side of the bow. You would want your quiver filled with arrows minus one, the one you are shooting. You should tune and practice shooting with the same amount of arrows. It’s about weight and balance and hand torque more then any effect quiver has on the limbs.

Last edited: