Help me visually score this muley buck??

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A few years ago during elk season, we saw this buck chasing does during the mule deer rut. Compared to some of the trophy states, we don't often get big bucks in Oregon. I think this guy is big score-wise, but to be honest I have very little skill in scoring animals. Any guesses on what this guy would tape out at? My shot in the dark would be 190", but I could be way off.

elk5 2014.jpg

elk6 2014.jpgelk4 2014.jpg

mlob1one

WKR
I think 190" is a bit high given his lack of mass. He's got deep forks, kickers, eye guards, and good width, but he's skinny. I'd guesstimate him to be in the 175" class range. Curious to see what some real pro's think.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jgill19

Lil-Rokslider
I may end up looking stupid here but unless I'm missing something, I can't see that buck being under 180" gross. He looks thin on the one picture, but you can see his mass in all the others. I think the length makes his mass misleading. The one thing I can see that isn't fantastic is the back right fork. Gross I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear this Deer goes 185+... I don't see 170" Hes closer to 190" than he is 170". Maybe im missing something, tell me you actually killed him and we'll get an answer. lol

OP
Oregon Hunter

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks guys, this has been super helpful! Like I said, we don't get very many big bucks in Oregon so I don't have much of a frame of reference. The deep front forks would help the score, and the backs aren't bad either. Unfortunately we don't get to hunt during the rut here, or that guy would be hanging on my wall!

Laramie

WKR
You guys in general aren't giving this buck credit imo. I think he goes over 180" gross.

Here is a fun one that I have a score sheet on. Let the guesses fly.

Dave's Non-Typical scouting pic.jpg

I'll send PM's to those that guess...

Last edited: