Help me with InReach

Finally got around to activating my inReach and playing around with it, as I now need it for an upcoming trip..

I have a couple more questions..

InReach to inReach communication - I am able to send a message to my partners inReach, and he has his location enabled, so when I pull the message up on the Earthmate app on my phone, there is a little green waypoint next to his message. When I click on it however, it brings me to a map in safari, which I'm assuming isn't going to work when I don't have wifi/cell service.

I can see his coordinates and type them into onX or something, but there has to be a better way to see his location?

When I click a message location it pulls up a map within the Earthmate app. You on iOS?

OP
cornfedkiller
When I click a message location it pulls up a map within the Earthmate app. You on iOS?

Yep, iOS.

I guess I tried again and it brings up a map within the Earthmate app, but the map doesnt show anything, just a tan screen... Gonna assume that's all I get for a "map"?

In the post above by @dla, he mentions "1. Locate another InReach. This feature allows you to find your buddy's InReach without him having to respond. But you can only do this from his mapshare page."

I'm aware that I can turn my mapshare on and my wife back home can see my track, but can I see my buddy's mapshare while we're hunting without service?