Help! MR bear tooth or exo 4800

Adkhntr

FNG
Hello,
I am looking for a new backpack, currently have an Osprey xenith , so this will be my first modular hunting bag with a load shelf.

my average hints are 2-5 days, however throughout the year my family and I do quite a bit of backpacking 2-5 days; my boys are 6&7, so mom and I end up carrying a lot of their stuff. Where I’m torn is I can’t try either on, I know both are high quality, but I’m looking for a bag that I can take on backpack hunts yet also will work for family backpacking throughout the year. I am 6’, 210 pounds and broad shouldered. I’ve decided on these two as they offer additional pockets and whatnot without having to purchase verytjing separately.. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

The thing with packs, is that they are as specific to the individual as boots are. It's really about how they fit that should be the biggest deciding factor. I've never used a MR pack, but I do have an Exo K2 5500, Kifaru Deplex Hunter w/High Camp 7000 bag and Stone Glacier Krux w/Evo 6400 bag. All 3 of these fit me comfortably and can carry more than I want to. The other thing to consider with packs is that you will be limited in what you can carry by the volume of your bag. You mentioned having young boys and that you and your wife carry most of the gear when camping. I would recommend that you consider a larger bag on what ever pack you choose. You can always compress unused bag volume down, but once it's filled, there's no way to create more space. In regards to the fact that you can't try these packs on before buying, I don't know where you live, but if you make a post here on Rokslide asking for other hunters that may have any of these packs that are in your general area, I'm sure that you could arrange to meet them, try the pack on with some weight in it and perhaps make a new friend in the process. The other option is to buy the packs, try them on at home and return the one you don't want. Good luck in your search, I'm sure that you won't be sorry with the end result.

Last edited:
I have an exo K2 5500 and the bag is sweet but the frame is a little too bulky for me. I also have a stone glacier sky archer 6400 with x curve frame. I love the stone glacier setup personally. The bag at first wasn’t for me but after using it bunch this year the simplicity of it has been great. Switching from a normal bag to packing out animals is super easy. The buckles are also very convenient and easy to find. I really like my stone glacier. Never tried MR though but I’ve heard good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk