Help needed Looking for good socks

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
For warmer weather I have found that approx. 50% merino/50% synthetic works best for me. I can wear them multiple days before they feel cruddy. I use smartwool PHD for that.
I have several pairs of the PhD and really like them, seems I need to get some darn tough but good socks can really change the game from the days of 4 pairs of cotton lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Darn Tough...nuff said. Seriously, they have a lifetime warranty no questions asked. I've sent back a couple pair that i finally wore a hole through the toe when wearing my steel toe boots after about a 1000 hours of use and they send me brand new pair. I have about 5 pair for work and 2-3 pair for hiking and a couple of their ankle socks for the gym. I will never own another brand.

Mulemania

FNG
Darn tough best socks made by far imo My oldest pair are 5 years now and feel no different from the pair I just bought, they wick well and if you have stinky feet they really help, a couple days on the same pair for a backpacking trip doesn’t bother me anymore before I’d want to throw a pair of socks out synthetic or cotton

I've been trying out the lighter weight Columbia wool blend socks this summer in my work boots and they are quite comfortable and seem to be holding up well,I have the taller heavier version for winter and will keep on purchasing them for sure especially for around 9 bucks for 4 pair they are reasonable price.

Another vote for Darn Tough. Wide range of weights and styles with a lifetime no bs guarantee. I also got lucky and got in on the 30 percent off sale a few weeks back🙂

JNDEER

WKR
I am one of the few who did not like the darn tough socks. Not sure which model i purchased at REI a while back, but the fit and comfort of the sock was not for me. Have been using Kuiu Ultra socks for a few years all year long and they are the best all around sock for me. Extra cushion where you need it and less material where you don't. I don't like Kuiu summer sock though- it stretches out and doesn't have the extra comfort of the Ultra sock. I use to wear a liner, but realized it was just another layer my sweat had to get through.. so I stopped and have never used one since.

You can’t go wrong with FITTS. For me they wear better than darn tough. Check out their tactical line as well as the hiking ones. Had my tactical ones for 5 years of heavy use

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
You guys hunting sept elk, which darn tough do you wear? And what liner works best with them in sept? I am NOT suffering again this year!

You guys hunting sept elk, which darn tough do you wear? And what liner works best with them in sept? I am NOT suffering again this year!
For anything early season September or even summer hiking/scouting, Darn tough "hiker 1/4 sock cushion" work great as they are thin enough to breath in warmer weather but yet have to cushion to prevent blisters. along with the other great merino properties

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been a Smartwool PhD and a Falke Ranger fan for years. But I started using darn tough s few years back and have slowly replaced everything with Darn Tough. Warranty is great and socks are awesome: warm when I need it, cool when I don’t, don’t stick and don’t wear our. Warranty is awesome.

Hondo

WKR
For warmer weather I like Darn Tough and Bridgedale offerings. On the cooler side my favorites are First Lite.