Help Needed. Looking for pack animals/guide for N/E CO Gmu 751 area

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
I am planning an elk hunt in Colorado GMU 751 next Sept 13-20, 2013

My hunting group will be 2-4 bowhunters. We are needed pack animals / guide and possibly a drop camp depending on the cost.
We are wanting to access our area thru Gmu 76 if possible.

This is my second elk hunt and any advice is welcome.

PM or email: sp77511@yahoo(dot)com

Thanks
Sam

I did the same hunt last year... If you aren't in amazing shape I would say use pack animals. I had a hard time trying to find a packer in the area, I found some older numbers and called them and they weren't in service anymore. When I went in last year, I went in 10 miles, and passed a few horse camps along the way, they were amazed I was in there on foot and called me crazy. It's crazy terrain and you'll see a lot of hikers.

I went in 2011, and would agree with ohhiitnik. There were a lot of hikers, saw quite a few hunters too and they didn't mind getting off the path. Crazy terrain, the guides I talked to said they would use their animals for a half day and then give them the next day off to recuperate...don't know if that is normal or not, but it sounded pretty extreme.
I did not try to get a packer so I'm sorry for not being a help on that.

dotman

WKR
Google the Colorado Outfitters Association, they have a search function by gmu and most outfitters will offer pack services.