Help on light mountain rifle build?

Split toe

WKR
So I know thus far I am going to chamber it in 300 PRC and plan on using Lone Peak Fuzio Ti action. I am either going to use proof sendero or sendero light barrel, thoughts on the two? Also debating on stocks. I have been looking at multiple Manners. Trying to take weight into consideration.

goosedog

FNG
Take a look at the mcmillan game hunter stock i have it on a 300wm and and a manners eh1 on a 7mm both great stocks at controlling recoil

Bartlein carbon fiber #4 contour from Bugholes (Southern Precision), and the Manners EH-2.

Jeremy

That would work:) Or another option for a true lightweight would be the Proof Research stock @ 20 ozs. Thats the direction I'm likely going with my Bart CF #4. Should be able to get the bare rifle to be around 6 lbs 4-5 ozs so not uber light but not bad.

OP
Split toe

Split toe

WKR
I’ve got one each of the proof barrels, no complaints from either.
Is there pros and cons on either?
That would work:) Or another option for a true lightweight would be the Proof Research stock @ 20 ozs. Thats the direction I'm likely going with my Bart CF #4. Should be able to get the bare rifle to be around 6 lbs 4-5 ozs so not uber light but not bad.
They don’t make that stock in left handed

Is there pros and cons on either?

They don’t make that stock in left handed
Well, Ok then that one is out:) Then your options are the Manners EH3 could be a good choice, they tend to weigh around 27 ozs and are a nice option for a hunting rig, or maybe the AG Composites Privateer?? It comes in a lefty and its a pretty nice stock. Got a chance to fondle a build recently with one. It was a 6.5 Creed with I think a Proof Sendero or could of been a lite but anyway made for a nicely balanced rifle.

I've got a 300 PRC built on a LPA Razor TI, Proof carbon Sendero Light 26", Manners EH-1. I wanted a light rifle. But the lighter the gun the harder it is to shoot as accurately. If I remember correctly my rifle came out around 6.5-6.75 lbs. I can throw it in a lighter stock and lose a quarter pound pretty easily. The gun shoots and is comfortable to carry so I will keep it as is for now.

The EH-1 has a higher comb then some of the other suggestions in this thread. I would rather have the correct height comb than have to use a stock pack for cheek weld. Two stocks that are different that have negative combs to look into are the Axial and Gunwerks.

OP
Split toe

Split toe

WKR
Anybody else have any thoughts on stocks? Looking hard at the Manners EH1 for this build and was just looking for more feedback before ordering.

khuber84

WKR
Look at the Mesa Precision altitude stock, believe the long action is 26oz. The comb is perfect height for even the largest objective scopes mounted low close to barrel. I've known a lot of folks have gone away from proof due to inconsistencies in performance. I've gone to Bartlein, Mullerworks and Rock Creek carbons. They are slightly heavier but performance will be there. Idk what scope you're considering, but I'd aim for 8.5-9# fully ready to hunt if you want to take shots out beyond 500y. The lighter the rifle, the more discipline it takes to shoot them well. I know my 10-12# rifles are way easier to shoot 700-1200y than my 7-8# rifles.

rootacres

WKR
Check out Axial Precision Stocks. I ordered one for my build. Carbon fiber, weighs 24 oz. The grip is between a vertical grip and a sporter style, negative comb similar to the Clymr stocks from GW.

Dhbwa

WKR
On stocks. I like the AG Composite I have except they missed the Tikka lug location by .050. Shaen fixed it although they did offer to look at it and fix if necessary.