Help picking pack

OP
B

Boblee

FNG
Don't discount the Kuiu Pro Series. I am totally pleased with my Pro 6000 and 3200 packs. Very comfortable. Great layout.
My other packs sit in the basement now... or have been sold.
I looked at those packs and they were the only packs I could find some consistent negative reviews on, that's the only reason I dismissed them . I really was going to try them first as my brother is dead set on the kuiu Pro so I figured if I didn't like it he would buy t off me and I would only be out just bit . I have decided to go with kifaru to start but will give kuiu a second look if if the kifaru isn't working out for me . Thanks for the info .

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
You ever packed with one? Curious if your opinion is fact-based.
A buddy of mine is all about his. Never tried his on. Have you ever packed heavy with one? He loves it other than when he actually kills something and has to haul out with it. Same as most other reviews on those China packs.

manitou1

WKR
I looked at those packs and they were the only packs I could find some consistent negative reviews on, that's the only reason I dismissed them . I really was going to try them first as my brother is dead set on the kuiu Pro so I figured if I didn't like it he would buy t off me and I would only be out just bit . I have decided to go with kifaru to start but will give kuiu a second look if if the kifaru isn't working out for me . Thanks for the info .
Good deal. I have never read a negative on the new improved Pro series... just praise, which is what prompted me to try them. I have read negatives on some of their older packs.
Nothing wrong with Kifaru at all either if they suit you.

manitou1

WKR
Good deal. I have never read a negative on the new improved Pro series... just praise, which is what prompted me to try them. I have read negatives on some of their older packs.
Nothing wrong with Kifaru at all either if they suit you
A buddy of mine is all about his. Never tried his on. Have you ever packed heavy with one? He loves it other than when he actually kills something and has to haul out with it. Same as most other reviews on those China packs.
I haven't tried all makes of packs, but compared to my others, the Kuiu carries much better. We all have different body types, shoulder, backs. The Kuiu Pro just fits me and carries best for MY build. I also love their layout, which is about perfect for my hunting style and needs.
It's great we have an assortment of choices nowadays.

OP
B

Boblee

FNG
Nothing wrong with Kifaru at all either if they suit you.
It's possible the reviews I read that deterred me were for the older packs, I can not be sure which generation they were for as they were the first packs I went to due to my brother's suggestion but that was months ago and I don't recall of they were for the older packs or not . I really do appreciate your input .

I would suggest calling Kifaru, describing what type of hunting you do and ask their recomendation. I've been running the 44mag for 2 seasons now and I can't image a better pack for what I do. I had the Mountain Warrior before this which was basically a zippered duffle main bag. The 44mag has a lot more internal organization/compartments so it just depends what you plan to haul. It has spotting scope pockets on both sides. During hunting season I don't usually run a scope so I put raingear on side and water, filter and snacks in the other. The 44mag also has a lot of external expandability/adaptability.

OP
B

Boblee

FNG
I would suggest calling Kifaru, describing what type of hunting you do and ask their recomendation. I've been running the 44mag for 2 seasons now and I can't image a better pack for what I do. I had the Mountain Warrior before this which was basically a zippered duffle main bag. The 44mag has a lot more internal organization/compartments so it just depends what you plan to haul. It has spotting scope pockets on both sides. During hunting season I don't usually run a scope so I put raingear on side and water, filter and snacks in the other. The 44mag also has a lot of external expandability/adaptability.
I ordered the ma deuce to start I know it's huge but I do a lot of late season hunting and wanted to be sure I have room for bulky clothing. If it's easy more than I need I plan to return for hoodlum or 44 mag.

I ordered the ma deuce to start I know it's huge but I do a lot of late season hunting and wanted to be sure I have room for bulky clothing. If it's easy more than I need I plan to return for hoodlum or 44 mag.
One nice thing about most of Kifaru packs is that they compress down nicely. So it's smart to order the largest pack you will need.

OP
B

Boblee

FNG
One nice thing about most of Kifaru packs is that they compress down nicely. So it's smart to order the largest pack you will need.
I'm hoping it was the right move , I'll probably add a second pack down the road , already trying to figure out which one I want if the deuce is a keeper.

I'm hoping it was the right move , I'll probably add a second pack down the road , already trying to figure out which one I want if the deuce is a keeper.

I have EXO 4800 and 6400. Since I got the 6800 I haven't used the 4800. For short trips the big pack cinches down just fine.

Probably will get made fun of for this...BUT..I love my Hyperlite Porter 4400. Not alot of bells and whistles, but light (2 pounds) Tough, holds a heavy load, and is water proof. These were designed for packrafters so they are defintely made to carry big loads. Whats most amazing is even though the weight of the pack is light, you can still pack a heavy load in comfort. I added a a few Zimmebuilt pockets on the side for gun/tripod...love it!

Ram94

WKR
Probably will get made fun of for this...BUT..I love my Hyperlite Porter 4400. Not alot of bells and whistles, but light (2 pounds) Tough, holds a heavy load, and is water proof. These were designed for packrafters so they are defintely made to carry big loads. Whats most amazing is even though the weight of the pack is light, you can still pack a heavy load in comfort. I added a a few Zimmebuilt pockets on the side for gun/tripod...love it!
It has a 60lb load capacity. Might be okay for day hunts, but most are heavier that that on the way in let alone once an animal is down..