Help, please! I’ve gotten myself into a bind.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Last week everything on my bow was good. First, I paper tuned with bare shafts and when that was done my field points hit with the bare shafts. I even busted a couple of nocks. Next, I got my 40 sighted in but only vertically. Then I worked on left and right. I was dead on out to 50 just aiming at a vertical strip of tape. Then I put on an Ironwill v100 and they flew like darts. I’ll attach a pic. Then I worked on the rest of the pins and everything was good. Here’s where it goes to crap. Friday night as I was putting everything away I double checked the tightness of all the screws and I accidentally turned my 3rd axis screw. I didn’t realize it until Saturday morning when my arrows were hitting 8-10 inches right. I was able to get it close but I had to redo all 3 axis today. This where I’m stumped. Out to 30 yards bh and fp hit together. As soon as move out to 40 and beyond, the bh hits 4 inches right of my fp. Any ideas? I don’t think moving the rest is the answer because it was dialed in until my dumb ass adjusted the sight. I double checked cam timing with a draw board before I made this post.
Thanks,
Ryan

Oh, and I leave for WY Sunday. That’s why I’m in a bind.

Attachments

• 8F6EFB9B-AD17-4E08-9F1A-5D37761960E4.jpeg
    8F6EFB9B-AD17-4E08-9F1A-5D37761960E4.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 55
Last week everything on my bow was good. First, I paper tuned with bare shafts and when that was done my field points hit with the bare shafts. I even busted a couple of nocks. Next, I got my 40 sighted in but only vertically. Then I worked on left and right. I was dead on out to 50 just aiming at a vertical strip of tape. Then I put on an Ironwill v100 and they flew like darts. I’ll attach a pic. Then I worked on the rest of the pins and everything was good. Here’s where it goes to crap. Friday night as I was putting everything away I double checked the tightness of all the screws and I accidentally turned my 3rd axis screw. I didn’t realize it until Saturday morning when my arrows were hitting 8-10 inches right. I was able to get it close but I had to redo all 3 axis today. This where I’m stumped. Out to 30 yards bh and fp hit together. As soon as move out to 40 and beyond, the bh hits 4 inches right of my fp. Any ideas? I don’t think moving the rest is the answer because it was dialed in until my dumb ass adjusted the sight. I double checked cam timing with a draw board before I made this post.
Thanks,
Ryan

Oh, and I leave for WY Sunday. That’s why I’m in a bind.
You shouldn’t have to move the rest but you could try it and just move it back if it doesn’t work. Or just bump the sight to the right and make sure your broadheads hit where you are aiming and call it good, you aren’t hunting with field points right? Not the perfect answer but if you are in a bind and can consistently hit only 4” to the right at 40-80 yards you can hunt with that.

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
You shouldn’t have to move the rest but you could try it and just move it back if it doesn’t work. Or just bump the sight to the right and make sure your broadheads hit where you are aiming and call it good, you aren’t hunting with field points right? Not the perfect answer but if you are in a bind and can consistently hit only 4” to the right at 40-80 yards you can hunt with that.
Yes sir, you are correct. It’s just frustrating that I had it tuned so well but I can’t figure out what’s wrong now.

Your tune should not be effected. It’s likely a form issue. The more you freak out abou how the bow is shooting, the worse it gets.

Give it a day, regroup, and start out with broadheads before shooting field points.

gelton

WKR
Are you positive it's a third axis issue? The reason that I ask is I just went through the same thing you did and it was caused by tightening things down but not on the sight but on the Cam Axles.

I applied some Loctite blue to the cam screws and tightened them up and was shooting so far right that my sight ring was covered by the riser. The bow was shooting fine but way out of center shot.

I actually retuned the bow bumping the cams way left and got it shooting great, then read a thread on here about not over tightening your cam screws, so I loosened them up about 1/4 turn and now it's shooting way left.

Still in tune, but shooting left so that I had to adjust the sight about 6 clicks left to compensate. Just my theory but it might be when you tightened things down, one of the things you tightened was the cam screws.

Never heard anyone mention this but I am convinced that it has an effect (maybe not on tune but on your zero) which is even more reason they should add torque specs for those screws.

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Your tune should not be effected. It’s likely a form issue. The more you freak out abou how the bow is shooting, the worse it gets.

Give it a day, regroup, and start out with broadheads before shooting field points.
That’s about the exact same thing my wife said. With the wind and rain here today that’s about all I can do.

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Are you positive it's a third axis issue? The reason that I ask is I just went through the same thing you did and it was caused by tightening things down but not on the sight but on the Cam Axles.

I applied some Loctite blue to the cam screws and tightened them up and was shooting so far right that my sight ring was covered by the riser. The bow was shooting fine but way out of center shot.

I actually retuned the bow bumping the cams way left and got it shooting great, then read a thread on here about not over tightening your cam screws, so I loosened them up about 1/4 turn and now it's shooting way left.

Still in tune, but shooting left so that I had to adjust the sight about 6 clicks left to compensate. Just my theory but it might be when you tightened things down, one of the things you tightened was the cam screws.

Never heard anyone mention this but I am convinced that it has an effect (maybe not on tune but on your zero) which is even more reason they should add torque specs for those screws.
I’m not positive it’s the third axis. Saturday morning when my arrows were hitting way right, I went back in my shop to see if I could figure it out. As I’m looking over everything I realized the third axis screw is the only thing that moved when I was checking everything. The screws on the sight and the rest are the only ones I checked. Nothing moved on the rest.
Thanks!

kpk

WKR
Wouldn’t think 3rd axis would make much difference shooting on flat to 40 yards. I’d agree it’s likely form/wind....probably amplified because you’re leaving soon.