HELP: Seekins vs Fierce—6.5 PRC

Yugga

FNG
West TX bird hunter ended up in Louisiana. I’m shopping for a ‘do it all’ rifle for mostly Whitetail, occasional Mulies trip, and some target shooting.

Settled on the 6.5 PRC but would appreciate all help on the rifle brand. Some feedback on CA has me looking elsewhere. What are your thoughts on the Havak Element vs the Rival or the Carbon Fury?

Thought I was getting a Seekins but the Fierce rifles look awesome

Any and all feedback appreciated.

gearguywb

WKR
I have been looking at both. When I find a carbon barrel one for a good price I am going to snatch one up. IMHO, they are very comparable rifles.

jfs82

WKR
I went with the Element, but I particularly cared about the 1lb weight savings over say the rival and the shorter barrel for the type of hunting I lean towards. Super happy with it.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
I’m super impressed with my sauer 100 6.5 prc. Plus about $500 to $1000 cheaper than the other options. Plus I don’t think you could get a gun that shoots much more accurate

OP
Y

Yugga

FNG
Thx Guys
I appreciate all the perspectives shared so far. I’ll take another look at some of the options mentioned.

If you decide on a seekins search out a discount code I bought a 25% off code for 30$ it saved me 700$ off the element and be prepared for a 12 week wait. I found mine on snipers hide forum. Good luck with your choice

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
If you decide on a seekins search out a discount code I bought a 25% off code for 30$ it saved me 700$ off the element and be prepared for a 12 week wait. I found mine on snipers hide forum. Good luck with your choice

Did they give you the discount on the entire $2800 or the $2700 advertised on the certificate. I am about to use mine this week is why I ask

JakeSCH

WKR
Well its clear that you make good choices! I love my 6.5 PRC as it shoots the barnes 127 gr LRX 3235 FPS at 0.3 MOA and the 140 gr berger Elite Hunter 3068 FPS at 0.4 MOA (i ended up going with the CA Mesa so I could buy a new 300 WM as well).

No wrong answer for the rifles you picked out, all will be extremely well made and accurate. Pick the one that you will feel confident holding.

PS. Make sure to get ADG brass for the PRC, that stuff eats up pressure and gives incredible results.

I’d go fierce rival if using factory ammo and ph2 if handloading because those carbon mags allow almost 3.1” COAL IIRC.

Unless you put priority on high country muley trips, I’d forego the Havak element as the heavier options will be more enjoyable and easier to shoot well at the range and on whitetails.

ericF

WKR
Well its clear that you make good choices! I love my 6.5 PRC as it shoots the barnes 127 gr LRX 3235 FPS at 0.3 MOA and the 140 gr berger Elite Hunter 3068 FPS at 0.4 MOA (i ended up going with the CA Mesa so I could buy a new 300 WM as well).

No wrong answer for the rifles you picked out, all will be extremely well made and accurate. Pick the one that you will feel confident holding.

PS. Make sure to get ADG brass for the PRC, that stuff eats up pressure and gives incredible results.

Waiting to get my 6.5 PRC back from Hells Canyon. What powder and rough powder range are you using on the LRX. Planning on running both 156gr Bergers and the LRX.

JakeSCH

WKR
My Mesa loves RL26 with ADG brass, Fed 210M, going from 57.0 to 58.0 grains (this whole range is sub MOA on my ladder test). I place the LRX 0.050" off the lands.

I am currently loading two different powder amounts to hit the same node (57.1 @ Hot Weather > 80 degrees, and 57.8 for all other temps).

I've noticed a fairly large velocity increase at 100 deg (3235) compared to 70 deg (3141) with RL26 @ 57.1 gr which is why I am going to have two separate loads depending no temp.

I've used H1000 as well with a velocity node at 3100 between 58.5 and 59.0 gr. I may end up using this as my hunting load so that I do not need to worry about temp stability while hunting, even though my ballastics app accounts for it.

PA Hunter

WKR
It’s not the Fury but I have a Fierce CT Edge and absolutely love it, trigger and action is incredible. Rifle is a dream to shoot & carry and very accurate. Zero complaints.

Friend shot it once and immediately ordered one and he has had many custom built rifles.

Mark86

Lil-Rokslider
At that price range put a Cooper 52 in the mix...if they chamber 6.5 PRC. Sweet rifles. I hunted with a CA Mesa and that thing shoots great it makes me want a Ridgeline or the new Ti models.

JakeSCH

WKR
At that price range put a Cooper 52 in the mix...if they chamber 6.5 PRC. Sweet rifles. I hunted with a CA Mesa and that thing shoots great it makes me want a Ridgeline or the new Ti models.

I just ordered the Ti Mesa in 300 WM. I would definitely like to lighten up the baseline Mesa 6.5 PRC, but can't argue with how well it shoots. I think i'll eventually swap out the stock and barrel to drop lb's.

zog

Lil-Rokslider
How are you guys all doing shooting such light rifles in 6.5 PRC, which is basically a magnum? Obviously you're loving it, so I guess you can shoot it well. I have a little trouble shooting such light rifles.