Help setting up a tipi tent

Shrek

WKR
I bought a homemade tipi tent and it seems to be a good one...one problem though , there are no instructions and I have never set one up before. How do I figure out the set backs and anything else I need to know. Is there a really good YouTube video anyone can link me to and a formula to figure out the setbacks. Thanks.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
6' about. It doesn't have a pole as he just cut a small tree or limb for a pole. I'm going to buy a carbon fiber pole for it to have just in case. It would put me at about 48 oz with pole , 16 stakes and guy out lines.

If it is a 4 sided tipi you can stake out all four corners tight and then run the pole up.
Otherwise my best bet would be trial and error. I would start with everything pulled taut, take measurements, try to run the pole up then make adjustments as needed. Repeat process till unit is set up fully then measure where you ended up from your original measurement and subtract what you need for a tight pitch.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I tracked down the man who made it and sent him a message asking if he could help out with some guidance. Hopefully he will be able and willing to help. Waiting for a reply. If not I will figure it out and make a no strech string to the set back and peg it where the pole goes and set it up pulling the string tight and the anchor point tight from the first anchor. If all sides are equal then that should work.