Help Sighting in Zeiss Conquest on Kimber Mountain Ascent

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All,
If anyone can shed some light on this I’d much appreciate it. Just got a new Kimber Mountain Ascent 7mm Rem Mag and trying to mount a new Zeiss Conquest V4 on it. Using correct medium height Talley scope rings and can’t get scope to align with where the bullet should hit. Just setting up in the house for now before going out to sight in fully. Currently, scope is showing 2 1/2” high at maximum turret stem adjustment. Any thoughts? Really want to ge this set up sighted.
Thanks,

Marble

WKR
Post some pictures of how it's set up. 360 degrees.

Something is wrong with mounting or they are the wrong parts.

Hopefully something simple.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
If everything is correct, take the bolt out and center the line of site (through the chamber/barrel) to a target ~20yds away then align your reticle using the turrets to be target as well. Put bolt back in and start the zero from there.

to be honest, I’m not really sure what your problem is, if you can be more specific we can be of more help..

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All,
If anyone can shed some light on this I’d much appreciate it. Just got a new Kimber Mountain Ascent 7mm Rem Mag and trying to mount a new Zeiss Conquest V4 on it. Using correct medium height Talley scope rings and can’t get scope to align with where the bullet should hit. Just setting up in the house for now before going out to sight in fully. Currently, scope is showing 2 1/2” high at maximum turret stem adjustment. Any thoughts? Really want to ge this set up sighted.
Thanks,
Which Talley rings do you have? The Talley rings for the WSM and Magnums are different than the talleys for the non magnum offerings because the front mounting point is higher than the rear mounting point on the magnums. I found out this the hard way. Check this first if your not
Sure what I’m meaning let me know and I can send u a pic of the difference between the magnum and the standard. Or If you can post a pic of the gun on it’s side looking at the scope and mounts from that position we can rule that out.

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m still confused but I think this is what I’m gathering so far... You used the standard Talley medium rings (probably for a M84, right?) that are the same height, and mounted them to a Kimber magnum receiver (8400) which obviously needs different height rings? And you attempted to mount the scope that way? Is that even possible? Torqued down the ring halves on a canted scope? It should have been plain as day that something was really wrong with that initial set up! If this is what happened, I sure hope you didn’t ruin that scope. Buy the mounting system for the rifle action you actually own, then eyeball things out before final install and you should be fine. If I’m interpreting you right, the fact that you had the incorrect rings/bases should have been WAY obvious with your first attempt.

SDHNTR

WKR
Says right on that package those rings are for an 84m. If you have a 7 mag, you have an 8400 which has different height rings to true your scope to the receiver. Get the right rings for your rifle model!

Last edited:

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Yes it is a magnum and the receiver mounts are not parallel but the mounts are the same height. I see Talley Signature Base for Kimber 84m and 8400. Do you now if one of these will work or have another suggestion. https://www.talleymanufacturing.com/product/talley-signature-base-for-kimber-84m/
you need the rings for the 8400, I made the same mistake. Sounds like the same thing happened to you I opened the box and ordered the same Rings that came in my kimber box except with 30mm tube instead of the 1” they shipped. Kinda funny mine was done installing a ZEISS V4 also pretty coincidental. Get the correct talleys ordered and you should be all set. Let us know if that fixes everything

If i remember off the top of my head correctly the fronts should be 1/8” shorter than the rear mount.

hflier

WKR
I have a set of Talley LW’s in medium height for a 1” tube if you are in interested. New condition. Cheap, $40 shipped.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro