Help. Sitka Timberline pant?

boom

WKR
I probably own almost no Sitka because reading the clothing description makes my head spin. I almost need each item in front of me so I may Lay eyes/hands on them.

Alas, that is not always an option.

I’ve been working my ass off, I almost forgot about my hunt! Shooting my bow and doing cardio when I can. I have a winter elk hunt coming up in dec. New Mexico.

I “think” my Schnee Beartooth boots will suffice with Kenetrek gaiters. It just dawned on me. I NEED PANTS. I typically hunt in my Zions or Kuiu Attacks. But we might get snow! It will be cold as all get out. First blush; the Timberlines seem to be the ticket. Waterproof and weather resistant. Trudging in snow pants.

Am I going in the right direction? How is the fit? They run small?

They are excellent. I wear 32/30 Levi's. 33R Timberlines fit exactly how I like them, with a bit of wiggle room. I wore them in 9 degrees in WY last week over a wool base and Carhartt flannel-lined jeans mid layer. It snowed a little and I crawled up a mountain on my elbows and knees stalking pronghorn. I love them so far. And the suspenders mean no belt to dig into your waist while carrying a pack. Water resistant fabric with waterproof knees and seat, but it was so cold I could not really test that claim.

Last edited:
I personally love mine. Great pant, very very comfortable. Something else you might look into is the Kuiu Talus pant, I have not yet been able to test it out but they look like they would be great in the snow and all around hunting, as they are a hybrid waterproof/soft shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have timberlines but I believe they are a soft shell with waterproof seat and knees.

How cold do you expect it to be? I bet a good base layer with your attack pants would work better then you think. Especially if you have a good rain pant to throw over to break the wind.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Very comfortable and durable but not waterproof. Seat and knees are. Love mine.

OP
B

boom

WKR
I don't have timberlines but I believe they are a soft shell with waterproof seat and knees.

How cold do you expect it to be? I bet a good base layer with your attack pants would work better then you think. Especially if you have a good rain pant to throw over to break the wind.
I’ll bring them as well.

Thanks you all. I threw in and ordered a pair. It seemed like every time I peeked in, someone bought a pair my size. They were going fast.

Time to turn my brain to more elk, and less civil engineering:)

Deadfall

WKR
I wear heavy base, kuiu guide pant and kuiu rain pant for outer shell. Thought rain pant would be to loud in sub zero weather. It's not, walked within archery of elk several times this year in different temp ranges.
Sometimes I pack the rain pant to sit on.
Kuiu guide pant is very comfortable and works well with good base layer

OP
B

boom

WKR
I wear heavy base, kuiu guide pant and kuiu rain pant for outer shell. Thought rain pant would be to loud in sub zero weather. It's not, walked within archery of elk several times this year in different temp ranges.
Sometimes I pack the rain pant to sit on.
Kuiu guide pant is very comfortable and works well with good base layer
yea. i live not to far away from KUIU. i might drop by before i go to NEW MEX. couldnt hurt.

my brother will wear his Guide gear. served him well. we do use sit pads when glassing..and i bought both of us Kenetrek gaiters.

yea. i live not to far away from KUIU. i might drop by before i go to NEW MEX. couldnt hurt.

my brother will wear his Guide gear. served him well. we do use sit pads when glassing..and i bought both of us Kenetrek gaiters.

I also live not far from there, and every time I drop by my bank account wishes I didn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk