Help sizing horn hunter full curl pack

mike stoick

Hello I need tips on how to size this pack my torso length is 19 inches and it seems not matter how I adjust the pack it always pinches on my hip bone in the front and the back where it sticks out the most. I am young and on a budget so getting a new pack this year is probably not a reality for me.

adamm88

There is a lot of comments about feeling like the hips are getting pinched or pain/discomfort from how the hip belts are designed. I swapped mine with a little enginutiy with Molle 2 waist belt. I loaded it with a 40 lb bag of pellets and walked around my house and it seemed to help. Alot of people swap the belt out on those for that reason.

Coyote813

Is this the adjustable torso version or the older version? The newer version is supposed to have a more ergonomic belt. If you have the older version, email horn hunter and they will send you the updated belt for about $35. The older belts foam is super thick and stiff and caused some serious hotspots on my hips as well.

Randle

I have an updated belt that I cut the right pocket off so I could carry a pistol. Belt function great and is new. I sold the pack . You can have the belt if you pay shipping

OP
M

mike stoick

It has the adjustable torso but the belt is still hard foam I don't want to do too much modifications to it as if I cannot get to adjusted to my body I am going to sell it and get a different one.

Coyote813

There are some belt mods you can do without permenantly altering the pack - you can search the forum here and see a few of them. The same issue you are having drove me to sell mine and buy a kifaru. The HH is a damn fine pack for the $, but the belt has always been an issue to a lot of people on those packs