HELP!!! Spot Hogg Fast Eddie

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a spot hog fast Eddie 3 pin and went to sight it in and can not get enough adjustment to the left and am having a hell of a time getting the to move up and down where I want them to be

Can you switch the spacer between the sight housing and your bar? Should be a spacer that goes between your sight housing and the bar off the end of the adjustment wheel. I think current models have a L shaped bar to give more adjustments. Has 2 Allen heads on it.

Is it tight trying to turn the wheel? That's slightly loosen the two screws that pinch the bar with the flat gear that the sprocket pushes.

OP
BowhuntingBrune3

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll have to look at there is a random U shaped part that came with it so maybe, thank you!

Post a pic? Is this the mount style?

d133fa6feb6f68a75301553cb5be86f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeti_man

FNG
Same problem I flipped the L bracket and about 4” left... Anyone use a spacer??

cured_ham

WKR
Girlfriend is having similar issue. She is a lefty and cannot go further right.

I am 99% sure it is a tuning issue.

yeti_man

FNG
Well I have had 2 pro shops (not big box stores) check the setup. Center shot is right and paper tune is drilling bullet holes. Apparently it’s a problem depending on riser thickness for that site.....

Sounded like BS but I added mini washers and made sure the left right adjustment on the pins themselves

4108f76af6a4a413be33d16412046d5d.jpg

Well I have had 2 pro shops (not big box stores) check the setup. Center shot is right and paper tune is drilling bullet holes. Apparently it’s a problem depending on riser thickness for that site.....

Sounded like BS but I added mini washers and made sure the left right adjustment on the pins themselves

What is the centershot?

Something still doesn't make sense.

I'm not familiar with riser thickness being an issue. the riser is thicker, but they also have a relief cut into for the rest.

802geek

FNG
Same issue on my new V3 27. Switched the block too as shown above. I'm sighted in but maxed out to the left. I shouldn't need the adjustment but it would be nice for windage. Going to call spot Hogg tomorrow.

Zac

WKR
You need to shoot a bareshaft at 30, and 40 yards. My guess is that it is going to hit far left of your fletched shaft.

Marble

WKR
Same issue on my new V3 27. Switched the block too as shown above. I'm sighted in but maxed out to the left. I shouldn't need the adjustment but it would be nice for windage. Going to call spot Hogg tomorrow.
There are several ways to reposition the housing on the sight to account for variations. I suspect you just need to change the position of the bracket between the pin housing and the site.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR

I would wager I’ve set up close to a 1000 SH over the years. Never has riser thickness been an issue for sighting them in. Typically if you’re having issues such as yours there is something off with the tune(even if it’s shooting “bullets”) or the sight isn’t properly leveled. Could be a combination of both but it’s NOT riser thickness.

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
I’m having the same issue. Maxed out can’t move it to the right anymore have to move the pins. Moved the block to the other side and it’s beyond maxed out the other way. Looks jimmy rigged but I guess I’ll try the washer thing unless there been solutions to this since this thread was originally posted.
I also had the pro shop check tune everything checked out.

Marble

WKR
I’m having the same issue. Maxed out can’t move it to the right anymore have to move the pins. Moved the block to the other side and it’s beyond maxed out the other way. Looks jimmy rigged but I guess I’ll try the washer thing unless there been solutions to this since this thread was originally posted.
There are several ways to configure how the housing mounts to the sight. Do a little research online you'll see some examples.

If you have to add washers, something is not tuned despite what the shop says.

Something to measure would be your center shot and also take a picture showing where the arrow sits on comparison to the berger hole.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Post some pics. My Tommy hogg has a ton of lateral adjustment.