HELP VXR TUNING QUESTION

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
So I twist untwist cables for ATA? And twist untwist string to adjust cam timing? I was told and read for timing twist the string on cam that touches 1st. I may have taken that wrong so what fixed mine after pressing and draw board 15x lol was this. My bottom cam was touching 1st so I unhooked the loop on the top cam untwisted it a half turn and it worked. I was originally turning string loop that was attached to the bottom cam. 1st time putting new string n cables on bow, just got my shop gear! Thanks guys!

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Next question, when do u twist strings vs cables? Cables for bigger adjustments strings for fine tune?

Where did u get this I can't read it but wanna check it out, thanx!
Post #2 in this thread on Archery Talk:

Next question, when do u twist strings vs cables? Cables for bigger adjustments strings for fine tune?
Twist cables to adjust axle-to-axle length, draw weight, cam timing (and cam lean if the bow has a split yoke). Twist string to fine tune draw length and peep orientation. The string and cable(s) are all linked together as part of the same system, so twisting/untwisting one component to adjust one parameter will impact other parameters (to varying degrees) as well. I try to get ATA, brace height, draw weight, nocking point, and rest height/centershot as close as possible to factory recommendations to start with then do what I have to do to get the bow tuned.