HELP!!!—Which Leupold Scope for my new Seekins 6.5 PRC?

Yugga

FNG
Purchasing my first serious rifle. Grew up bird hunting in W TX and relocated to Louisiana. Putting together a ‘do it all’ rifle—mostly whitail & Mulies, some extended target shooting.

Have a Havak Element being ordered and in need of a versatile scope to match.

AND I just secured a 45% discount for Leupold.

Price is no object, which one would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Dcrafton

WKR
I own multiple leupolds. 2 of the VX5. I really like the VX5, I will get another when I get another rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sykes

WKR
Really hard to beat a VX5HD or 6HD for a hunting rig. If your gunna do a little more dialing at the range you might look into the Mark 5HD

HuntnPack

WKR
Mark 5 HD 3.6-18x44 in a set of med. Seekins rings. (Lows might work) Element has a long rail. Short scope mounting length can be a problem if your trying to keep it low.
Stay away from the V-series.

Last edited:

JakeSCH

WKR
I am assuming weight matters since you bought a 5.5 lb rifle. Do you have a goal weight? Say staying under 7# or do you not really care?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
With the long range capabilities of the PRC I’m assuming you plan on using the optic for dialing?

If so, go for the Mark 5. Do not rely on a VX-6 or VX-5 for dialing and tracking. Been there and done that and been burned more than once.

If you aren’t dialing the VX-5 is a good scope at your 40% off deal.

VX5 or VX6. I have two VX5. They're great. Hunting buddy has a VX6 and it's great, too, just not sure it's worth the extra cost.

ericF

WKR
Another vote for Mark 5 3.6-18x44. If you want to dial, then that is your best bet for long term reliability as others have said.

Mark5 hd. Only leupold worth owning if your going to dial. Would love to trust the vx5 or vx6 but they just aren't reliable.... I own 5 of the mark5's. I really like them.

LeftSlope

FNG
Own a Mark 5 HD 3.6-18x44 and a VX6 18x44..... both are incredible glass. The second focal plane is easier on the eyes in dark timber settings as opposed to the Mark 5 when your zoomed out. If price was not an option and you have that discount, send the $$ and upgrade to the more expensive of the two and get the most you can out of that savings. Either way, your gonna be happy.

I own a Vx-5 and love it. It was the best I could afford.
if I had the money, I would definitely go the Mark 5 route.