Help with a new point and shoot. What do you use?

Micawber

FNG
I’m looking into picking up a new point and shoot for the upcoming season. Just want something small and lightweight that will take good quality photos. One that ive seen recommended is the Canon ELPH 360 HS. Would like to get any feedback you guys have on this and also wondering if you can digiscope with a camera like this?

This happens to be a very good camera for the $$. Any Canon HS series camera will give you sharp pictures and great colors. Small, 12x zoom and under $200. It will fit in your pocket. There are a lot of third party attachments to allow digiscoping with every camera

Call me to discuss

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
I got the canon g9x mark ii kit from tinesup. I have both the specific fitting for my spotter as well as the sleeve with universal adapter. I prefer the universal adapter route. That way I can use it with my phone too. I am happy with this setup, though I’ve only had a chance to use it around home so far.

I also have a lumix dc-zs70, but I have been unsuccessful with digiscoping with it due to its larger zoom. That is the reason I bought the canon.

The lumix is better for having in a treestand while the canon is better for the mountains and spotter.

tuffcity

WKR
Have been using the Sony RX100 III for a number of years. I like the fact you can go manual with it and its a full size sensor camera

Have been using the Sony RX100 III for a number of years. I like the fact you can go manual with it and its a full size sensor camera
The RX system by Sony is awesome. Correction, the 100 series has a 1" sensor, not full frame. Only the RX1 series is full frame, the RX10 series is crop sensor

tuffcity

WKR
Lol after I posted about the full size I realized I had meant to say 1". Not surprisingly I also bought my camera from camera land. They had the best price in either the US or Canada and even shipped it to Skagway for me.

OP
M

Micawber

FNG
Thanks everyone for the replies. I called Joel and we discussed features and what I wanted in a point and shoot. I ended up ordering a Sony HX80 from Cameraland, should be here next week. Thanks again Joel.

charliebravo77

Lil-Rokslider
It's an unorthodox option in a lot of regards but I carry a Fuji XF10 on some trips. The fixed 18.5mm (~27mm full frame equivalent) lens can be a bit wide in a lot of scenarios but it's a 24mp APS-C sensor so you have a bit of room to crop and with the f2.8 aperture it's got pretty decent low light capabilities and you can get nice background separation and bokeh with shorter focal distance shots. It's very compact, though and takes great photos if you work through its quirks.

Kankakee Smallmouth by charliebravo77, on Flickr

DSCF6358 by charliebravo77, on Flickr

YNP by charliebravo77, on Flickr

IL Squirrel by charliebravo77, on Flickr

WI Squirrel Round 2 by charliebravo77, on Flickr

CO/SD/WY 2019 by charliebravo77, on Flickr

CO/SD Snapshots by charliebravo77, on Flickr

Wapiti1

WKR
Thanks for the info, I'm in the hunt for a new point a d shoot as well, are either of your options weatherproof?

Olympus has the only decent weatherproof option with the TG6. It is good for what it is. Better than a phone, but not as good as larger sensor P&S like Sony, Fuji or Panasonic. Depends on your wants/needs.

Jeremy

Wapiti1

WKR
It's an unorthodox option in a lot of regards but I carry a Fuji XF10 on some trips. The fixed 18.5mm (~27mm full frame equivalent) lens can be a bit wide in a lot of scenarios but it's a 24mp APS-C sensor so you have a bit of room to crop and with the f2.8 aperture it's got pretty decent low light capabilities and you can get nice background separation and bokeh with shorter focal distance shots. It's very compact, though and takes great photos if you work through its quirks.

DSCF6358 by charliebravo77, on Flickr

YNP by charliebravo77, on Flickr

IL Squirrel by charliebravo77, on Flickr

I agree that is a great camera. The Panasonic LX100 is another good one in this space.

Great shots.

Jeremy