help with antelope reduced doe/fawn tag.

turfking

FNG
Hello everyone,

I have a quick questions about the antelope reduced doe/fawn tags. I spoke with a lady at one of the regional offices about how we would pick our units and she was very informative on my other questions, but kept saying choice 1 2 and 3. I think she was confusing the buck draw with the reduced doe tag draw. She said to make all my unit picks different. As I am driving 30hrs from Delaware with my 14 yo son I am looking for the best way to apply for the doe tags portion.

I'll try and word this without confusing everyone. Okay so we have our 3 buck units picked...mainly! We are trying to build points so hoping for my second choice buck tag at least. Do I use that unit (second choice buck) as my first and second reduced choice on the first line with 2 drop downs, then pick 2 separate units on the 2nd line to purchase another draw or do you pick all four different?
Note that I do have a spread with "hopefully guaranteed doe units per first choice compared to quota. Also somewhat close to my buck units.

Second, we are hopefully elk hunting in Colorado the 1st draw from the 10th to 14th. Should we hunt before or after that week? I was pushing for units with 30 day buck tags. Any help would be appreciated.

jolemons

WKR
Your question kind of confused me. If I'm understanding you correctly and you want to build points, you want to put something in the 1st choice box that you won't draw.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

madtom

FNG
If your second choice buck tag is area 1 (for example), and your third choice buck tag is area 2, and if both doe tags are type 6 tags, do your two lines of doe apps like this:

1-6, 2-6
1-6, 2-6

not sure if that answers your question?

OP
T

turfking

FNG
Madtom: Yes, very close. Using your example mine are

1-6 1-6
2-6 and then a different unit -6

Or do you make all of them all different units-type 6

madtom

FNG
Madtom: Yes, very close. Using your example mine are

1-6 1-6
2-6 and then a different unit -6

Or do you make all of them all different units-type 6

Each row is a different application, so having the top two numbers the same means your first and second choice for the first tag are the same. If you want two tags for area 1, make the left two numbers area 1 like in my example. The way yours is done now, you would probably draw a tag for area 1 and a tag for area 2.

wapitibob

WKR
I posted this on another forum but may help here.

"This is the screen you see when applying for doe tags as an individual.
If you want 2 or none, both licenses need to be filled out identically and submitted at the same time.
If license 1 is different than license 2, they will be separate apps even if they are submitted at the same time; you'll get zero, 1, or 2. "

WY-2020- doe individual.jpg

Doe tags can be extremely hard to draw. I personally would apply for the easiest to draw, within a reasonable drive from the Buck unit, that's about 3 hours for me. I always use the same area and type, so I get 0 or 2 tags, personal preference. Also, If you don't draw any Buck tags, do you want the doe tags? If not, check the box that will withdraw the doe tags if no buck tags are drawn. One other point, the buck and doe draws are separate, you have no preference in the reduced price draw if you are successful in drawing a buck tag.

Last edited:
OP
T

turfking

FNG
Thank you guys very much for clearing that up. I will be happy with just at least 1 doe tag to get us out. I am going to mirror my sons buck application to mine. On his reduced doe tags I'm was going to pick another close unit with decent quota to first choice app. That way if we get 2 separate units it will give us a chance to look around other unit some while hunting.

If I am lucky enough to pull a tag do you guys recommend the week before our 10/10 to 10/14 Colorado elk hunt or the week after? I have to give the school a letter 60 days in advance to pull him from school for 13 days. I am going to do the same thing this year and was wonder what the better hunting would be.

madtom

FNG
I would antelope hunt before the elk hunt, as long as you can take care of the meat while elk hunting. You’d be fine either way, goats are just sometimes a little more skittish by late oct.

OP
T

turfking

FNG
Thank you for all your help it is really appreciated. Good luck in your draws and hunts!