Help with arizona deer draw

Hi, i am 15 and know that i am going to have to put in for deer in arizona soon. i would like to hunt mule deer and would like to find a unit that i have a good chance of drawing and also has a lot of good land to glass. Also, somewhere with a pretty good bucks and success rate. I will be putting in for a youth hunt. Any information about where to put in would help. Thanks.

Buck197

WKR
Have to say, it's great seeing a fifteen year of old expressing the level of interest to inquire. That sure seems like one heck of a fantastic start to me.

Buck197

WKR
Are you after a Coues or a Muley, I presume probably a muley. What are your goals and expectations?

OP
alpinebuck
Are you after a Coues or a Muley, I presume probably a muley. What are your goals and expectations?
Mule deer, one goal is to have a place with a good amount of deer( don’t have to be big) just decent bucks. Also, somewhere that has a lot of good, glassable land. Thanks for the advice

Buck197

WKR
Thats great. Have you been to Arizona game and fish's website? Have you seen the draw odds yet for units? Is there a particular part of Arizona you'd like to go for? If at all possible I'd suggest areas nearer to you, as not much in the world helps more than scouting, and she'd hunting is a great start at this time of year as well.

Buck197

WKR
Thats great. Have you been to Arizona game and fish's website? Have you seen the draw odds yet for units? Is there a particular part of Arizona you'd like to go for? If at all possible I'd suggest areas nearer to you, as not much in the world helps more than scouting, and she'd hunting is a great start at this time of year as well.

Buck197

WKR
It sounds like your after a reasonable mature buck, im reading into that a hair, but what I gather. Id be looking at each units buck to do ratio, the type of environment and such. There's some good hunting in the desert, but in general you'll see less deer. Like anything, im sure there's exceptions, but in general. In my opinion, nothing will help you to succeed more than boots on the ground scouting, even in units where the deer are migratory. Arizona more than alot of places the water tanks can be a help, and alot of folks hunt those. Hiking areas, and noticing the brouse available for food, tracks, all of that and documenting it will help. There's a few good map programs for your phone, Onx, Gaia, etc. That'll allow you to mark a location and make a note as to what your marking. Hard work, and knowledge, abd even good ole luck will pay off, often times. Dedication and passion are important as well. I hope any of this helps you a little, if you need any help at all, even going thru statistics, feel free to message me, although there are alot here with loads more knowledge than me. I truly hope that you have the hunt of your dreams, whether you eat tag soup or fill it..

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
Do you liven in AZ? If so look into the units arounds where you live. Most if not all will have mule deer and if you choose a nearby unit you will be able to scout and explore it a lot more.

OP
alpinebuck
i have been on the AZGF website. I have not seen draw odds yet. I know go hunt has some but it costs money.

OP
alpinebuck
Do you liven in AZ? If so look into the units arounds where you live. Most if not all will have mule deer and if you choose a nearby unit you will be able to scout and explore it a lot more.
i live in Arizona, in Queen creek. Unit 22/23 are only about an hour and a half awy from me. I killed my first buck in unit 22 thanks to a game and fish person putting me on a buck.(it was a little 2 point).