Help with binos

I’m getting a new pair of binos, I just can’t make up my mind, open to other suggestions, looking to spend up to about 600, I’m thinking about Nikon Monarch 7’s or 5’s, vortex vipers, maven c1’s. It’s hard to look through a pair of binos inside a store and get a good feel for them. Looking for real world experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ac338

WKR
There's a pair of new Nikon monarch hg in classifieds for $695 or used maven c1 for $300. No experience with either but I did see the monarch get a good review on here somewhere. Just got a pair of meopta meostar 10x42 in the classifieds for $425 and I think there awesome especially on a tripod. My advice at that budget would be to wait for a used pair of high quality glass to pop up.

OP
P
I never looked at the classified section before, that’s a good idea. Thank you

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
Two years ago I had a pair Nikon monarch 8x42 about 8 years old, they had a slight squeak in the focus wheel (not a issue at all) but I used them pretty hard, so I figured I'd send them in for a cleaning and to see if they would fix it. 4 weeks later a brand new pair of Monarch 7 showed up, I emailed them and the said they didn't have replacement parts, and their policy is if they can't fix it they replace them.

I was Shocked, and really impressed in their their customer service....
But I figured that was the perfect time to make the Swarovski SLC plunge. I sold them on for face value (I think $400) I love my SLC, and glad I got them. But I was very impressed with the quality and clarity, I gave it alot of though on just keeping the Nikon's.

I haven't looked though a pair of Mavin C1, but I would guess you'd be really happy with them as well, the B1 I think are just as good as my SLC. Also like someone else mentioned, I would watch the classifieds, I think higher end used glass is better than cheaper brand knew. Just my 2cents.....

Beendare

WKR
Thread after thread comparing the different Binos in the optic section...its a good resource with some excellent testing done by the Rokslide staff....

Then call Camera land...good resource and great pricing.

I like 8X for elk hunts.....

______

MattCO

FNG
I 2nd those Nikon Monarch HG 10x42 in the classifieds. I have the exact pair (10x42) myself and think they're fantastic, very clear edge to edge and bright at first and last light and a huge improvement over the Nikon Monarch 3 I was replacing.

OP
P
Unfortunately those are no longer available, I’m looking at mavens

OP
P
Maven optics offers demo’s at a discount. Great glass

Maybe you can answer my question, so I was looking online, it doesn’t seem to be much difference between the C1 and the B1, just where they are made and the material of the actual binocular. To me it seems that they glass they use are pretty much the same in both. Is this true?

Catahoula

WKR
I have been toting around a pair of Nikon Monarch 7’s 8x42 for my archery elk hunts. Really outstanding functionality and sight for under $500. I would also consider the Nikon HG 8x42 as an upgrade at some point. Good luck with your search.

Call Camera Land NY if you have time they are a wealth of knowledge and have great pricing. They are a site sponsor and I know for fact they take care of their customers

Reactions: SLM

Piercecounty2018

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe you can answer my question, so I was looking online, it doesn’t seem to be much difference between the C1 and the B1, just where they are made and the material of the actual binocular. To me it seems that they glass they use are pretty much the same in both. Is this true?

I’ve only used the B-2’s in 11x and they’re hands down the best glass I’ve seen. Beats swaro, leupold, vortex... I would assume moving up the price sheet with maven means better glass.

Sled

WKR
i still have my maven b3's as my go to binos for most all situations. they are good binos for the money

jbrownlow

FNG
I have the maven B.1 in 10x42. It's the first nice glass i've purchased, but i'd also say they are the last. They are incredible, particularly at the price point. My hunting partner ended up getting the same thing as a result of using mine in the field.
I've now drunk more of the cool-aid and purchased the S.1 spotting scope for my first elk hunt in september. They make exceptional glass.