Help with clothing

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I really need some help rounding out my clothing line up. I'm not loyal to any one brand, I feel like each has their own strengths and weaknesses.
I am fortunate that I get some discounts on certain brands so between the big 3 or 4 they are all roughly around the same price point.

I pretty much have the early season pants covered between my FL corrugates, and some super light weight gender mountain stuff.
I also am set in raingear, hunting in the PNW that was one of the first things I dialed in.

I am looking to add some new base layer tops, and possibly some bottoms. Maybe a mid/late season pant. I thought I was set on the timberlines until I saw some reviews on the axis pant. Although they are about $70 more than the timberlines for me.

As far as base layers I was previously running the FL llano and Chama. I really like the look/Features of the core lightweight hoodie, no one else really seems to have that same type of set up. My hang up is that I tend to stink in synthetic layers pretty quick. The FL wick long sleeve looks nice, I'm just not sure how durable it will be as a base/outside layer in early September hunting the thick Oregon coast. Maybe a SKRE base layer and a core hoodie? I just dont know, there are too many options and combos.

For mid/outer layers I have a halstead fleece that I like, just wish it had a hood, a uncomoahgre puffy vest and I think I'm going to add a Lost Park.

So, if you're in my shoes what are you looking to purchase this year to fill gaps and round put your system? Is there anything I'm missing?

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
What would be a good second layer over a FL willing qz? Is the core lightweight too light? Would the the Apex hoody be a better layer after that when it starts to get cooler?
After that I have a fleece layer, puffy vest and I'll be buying a puffy jacket. Or I have raingear as a wind blocker.
I'm also going to grab some of the zip off bottoms I think to extend the season of my corrugate guides rather than buying timberline, or avis pants this year.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Apex Hoody makes a much better mid layer than the Core Lightweight Hoody! The Core Lightweight Hoody is designed to be worn next to your skin. Our go to layering system is either a Core Lightweight Crew or Core Lightweight Hoody next to your skin and either an Apex Hoody, Heavyweight Hoody, or Helio Hoody as a mid-layer. Sitka's synthetic base layers are treated with polygene which really helps eliminate the stink factor.

We are huge fans of the Mountain Pants! They are the same material as the Timberline Pants but they do not have the reinforced knee or seat which makes them more breathable. The Stone Glacier De Havilland pant has also been very popular with the guys in our office. The side vents on the De Havillands are awesome for hot days!

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the input.
I think I am going to use the a merino short sleeve next to skin for scent control. Then maybe the apex after that. I'm still up in the air on if I want to use my halstead from first lite after that or look at something else.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thank you for the input.
I think I am going to use the a merino short sleeve next to skin for scent control. Then maybe the apex after that. I'm still up in the air on if I want to use my halstead from first lite after that or look at something else.

The Apex Hoody is sweet. It should work great with your merino next to skin layer! The Kelvin Active Jacket is awesome overtop of the Apex Hoody for some added insulation. It is probably the most high-tech lightweight insulation piece on the market.