Help with Colorado Application

I want to apply for preference points only this year in Colorado but do not have a Hunter Education card. There is a box to check on the application stating you have one. My questions are:

Will a non-resident application be rejected without the box checked?
If so - Should I check the box knowing I will have it before I actually hunt? Not sure how the Crash course applies here.
I think I can get a Ohio HE card before 4/2/2013 by taking a test but don't know if Colorado is specifically wanting one from Colorado or does one from Ohio satisfy checking the box?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

bnsafe

WKR
ohios should work, but you will have to have it before you apply. i may be wrong but thats how i read it.

ST52v

WKR
I think you have to enter the number o
n the card. They accept a PA hunter ed card. I have also heard if a warden checks it you can have a v put on you license. And not have to carry it with you when you hunt.

OP
Ohio Darin
OK - That's what I was thinking. I'll try to get it here in Ohio before the deadline so I can enter. I was just a little confused because the website said you could do a fast track program where show up in the fall, take your test and then hunt. Kind of chicken before the egg.

Thanks for the help.