Help with deciding a pack

Reload1

FNG
Ok let me start out when I hunt the mountains I only hike at most 2miles in and more than likely I will not pack a animal out unless it's a half to case I have a game cart I use. I will not be staying overnight either. So I been usinga kuiu 2300 venture and it works ok for early bow season. I find my self later in the year taking more gear in. I am looking at 3500-4000 size packs and prefer it to be a camo pattern. I need good customer service and something that will last. So what would you guys recommend?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
Exo k3 has been the favorite pack that I have owned so far. Their customer service is awesome as well.

Stone glacier 5900 or Kifaru 44 mag. Or go with the Kifaru Stryker xl and add a camp bag for the later season hunts.

Clarktar

WKR
Ok let me start out when I hunt the mountains I only hike at most 2miles in and more than likely I will not pack a animal out unless it's a half to case I have a game cart I use. I will not be staying overnight either. So I been usinga kuiu 2300 venture and it works ok for early bow season. I find my self later in the year taking more gear in. I am looking at 3500-4000 size packs and prefer it to be a camo pattern. I need good customer service and something that will last. So what would you guys recommend?

I would just add another bag to your existing kuiu setup. The LT4000 should provide plenty of ro for day hunts where you might be carrying more or bulkier gear for the day. The LT4000 also compresses tight to the frame if you don't have to much gear.

I don't think you need to spend more funds on a new frame or company setup (e.g. kifaru).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
Reload1

Reload1

FNG
I would just add another bag to your existing kuiu setup. The LT4000 should provide plenty of ro for day hunts where you might be carrying more or bulkier gear for the day. The LT4000 also compresses tight to the frame if you don't have to much gear.

I don't think you need to spend more funds on a new frame or company setup (e.g. kifaru).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
So I use the venture it does not have a frame so my question is on the lt4000 do you have to order the load panel also or can you just buy the harness and pack and just roll like that ?

OP
Reload1

Reload1

FNG
Exo k3 has been the favorite pack that I have owned so far. Their customer service is awesome as well.
I hear there customer service is some of the best but I can't see giving that much and not plan on packing meat but I may end up doing it

Clarktar

WKR
So I use the venture it does not have a frame so my question is on the lt4000 do you have to order the load panel also or can you just buy the harness and pack and just roll like that ?

I'm pretty sure you need the frame sheet (load panel).

Given what you stated, it seems any decent backpack would do. You really don't need any sort of frame for heavy loads. Im a sucker for deals so price would dictate what I bought given you don't need the weight capacity of some of these pricey backpacks.

The seek outside packs might be a good option. There is a flight 1 for sale in classifieds here

Last edited:
I hear there customer service is some of the best but I can't see giving that much and not plan on packing meat but I may end up doing it

it's a really good option if camo is important to you (i think they are doing some kryptek patterns currently, and multi cam) if you are carrying enough to need 3k volume, that alone would make it justifiable.

another option i can think of is the mystery ranch pop up 38... that pack's niche never really made sense to me, but your needs may be in that niche

280Ackley

WKR
Why do you need a pack that big if you are only day hunting within 2 miles of the pickup? I use the K2 3500 for bivy hunting for 3-4 days at a time. It works great and I use it as my day pack also.

OP
Reload1

Reload1

FNG
Why do you need a pack that big if you are only day hunting within 2 miles of the pickup? I use the K2 3500 for bivy hunting for 3-4 days at a time. It works great and I use it as my day pack also.
Well I thought about the next size down but I would rather have extra room than not enough but maybe it's to big for what I need. I had a SG solo and it worked good in the winter where I pack in extra cloths if I need them. But I would like a camo pack. I only carry a bigger pack when weather starts getting cold. I also have alot of heath issues and if I have a medical problem and no cell service I would rather be warm if I'm going to stay all night (lord hope I never have to) I am aboutthe most un lucky person you will probably ever talk to lol. ( Accident prone)

It goes along with the same philosophy of having too much rope .....

*zap*

WKR
I would get a 6000 ci or so because they downsize so easily and do not weigh more. For very cold conditions and a day hunt I use almost all the space in my SG 6300.

I have multiple big name packs and if I could only keep one it would be SG but I do like my amr pack bag.....currently on a SG evo frame. It might be too big for what you want......

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider

You can use the load shelf for other things besides packing out meat too.. throw any extra gear in a dry bag and toss it down in the load shelf if you need more room. works great for a tent or food

Scoot

WKR
A little more info would help: do you have a budget?, do you like a big ass opening or lots of smaller pockets for organization?, any brands you want to avoid?, etc.

OP
Reload1

Reload1

FNG
A little more info would help: do you have a budget?, do you like a big ass opening or lots of smaller pockets for organization?, any brands you want to avoid?, etc.
No budget I would rather pay alittle more to get quality. I would like to have both small pockets and a big pockets don't no if that is possible. I have only owned SG,kuiu so if they are a company to stay away from let me no.

OP
Reload1

Reload1

FNG
You can use the load shelf for other things besides packing out meat too.. throw any extra gear in a dry bag and toss it down in the load shelf if you need more room. works great for a tent or food
Didn't think about that. Thanks

You won't be disappointed with the Exo K3. I love mine.