Help with fitting MR Pintler

McCoppin

FNG
I'm having issues adjusting my MR pintler i just got I did the measurements and came up with
69"Tall
30 3/4" waist
19-20" Torso

To be on the safe side I ordered a XS due to is being cinched down tighter when you haul heavier weight.

That said I put the pack on and went to fit it per MR guidance

Loosen load lifters and shoulder straps

Put lumbar pad in small of back center top of hip bones in the waist belt and tighten until snug

Next I tightened the shoulder straps and clipped the chest strap.

I adjusted the yoke down because there was a big gap from the top of my scapula to the shoulder pads. All the way down in fact.

That said after adjusting the yoke all the way down I still have the gap pictured. Am I doing something wrong compared to other people I feel like i have a normal to slightly longer torso but the XS seems to still be to large torso wise

The waist belt fits perfect though

I verified it's a XS yoke as well

1f3cf06aba763495416501da7170f90a.jpg
f95083cdb5042e1b2c28303fe7794e57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I run my Mr yokes short.

Reduce it by an inch. Chalk mark for reference.
Take it up tp 40#.
Tighten belt, Shoudlers, sternum, load lifters and belt again in that order.
Take a walk. Jump up and down.
Rinse and repeat until it settles in.

OP
McCoppin

McCoppin

FNG
I run my Mr yokes short.

Reduce it by an inch. Chalk mark for reference.
Take it up tp 40#.
Tighten belt, Shoudlers, sternum, load lifters and belt again in that order.
Take a walk. Jump up and down.
Rinse and repeat until it settles in.
The thing is it's bottomed out as short as the yoke will go unfortunately but I'll give it a try again later

The thing is it's bottomed out as short as the yoke will go unfortunately but I'll give it a try again later

Hmmm. Your 5’9” with a 19” torso. That S/XS yoke is built for people below 5’6” with a max 18” torso. Something doesn’t compute. I would call them and describe the issue. Maybe you got some whacky mislabeled yoke.

CBreeze

FNG
Describe how you shortened the yoke, step by step, please so we can verify that you performed the process correctly, you should be able to get shorter. A large will get almost that short

OP
McCoppin

McCoppin

FNG
Describe how you shortened the yoke, step by step, please so we can verify that you performed the process correctly, you should be able to get shorter. A large will get almost that short
Got it figured out. I was told originally the yoke didn't go past the waist belt when after speaking with a MR rep it does with a little fanangling

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
I had the similar drama with my Pintler. If you Search my post you'll read the entire drama.

I did the fitting indoors in my sweatpants or pajama and when the time comes (around this time in Winter) to take it outside, packed around 25lbs, a whole new fitting issue drama, this time because of the type of layers of clothing I had on.

So take that into consideration also. Take into consideration on what type of belt you have with your pants, because there would be "pinching" from the belt of the pack pressing down on the belt of the pants.
Then there's the yoke that you just stuffed down. Now you have to pull it up because of the type of layering you have with your jacket.

Good Luck