help with hunting new terrain

joe#

FNG
I recently moved to NW Ohio from Eastern KY. This is definitely a new style of hunting for me. Im used to hunting hollers, and having a ton of woods to hunt unlike here in Ohio. I have few different pieces to hunt one is 110 acres with 2 10 acre pieces of woods. Other one is actually 3 properties that butt up against each other its about 200 acres with a total of 1 section of woods is 30 acres and other is 25 acres of woods, All the property i hunt is surrounded by either corn or soy beans. Had some decent deer on camera this year but seems like i really struggled. Looking for suggestion on this style of hunting. Do you hunt on edge of fields or in center of woods. I believe this is type of hunting where deer actually have bedding areas and food source unlike where im used to hunting due to no crops,.

Opah

WKR
Seems you have a variety of hunting area, edges of the crops has always been good and hunting their travel paths to and from their bedding to food and water.
Do you got more than one tree stand ? Like a buffet sample a little of each area and pick the best.
or if you have multiple cameras spread them out into each of the ares and monitor

Last edited:

FLAK

WKR
I feel your pain. I grew up in Appalachia, and now live in the marsh/swamps of the Mobile Delta. I'm out of my element.

OP
J

joe#

FNG
yeah it sucks take everything you grew up leaning and now have to adapt