Help with hunting setup

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Which arrows and go to fixed or smaller mechanical broad heads?

Current set is vxr 28 60lbs 27.5 in. I believe arrows are 27 inches. Taw is 350. Was thinking gold tip hunters but maybe I need a heavier arrow? Current ones are cheaper Carbons that are 7.5 gr per in and 100 gr field point. Gold tip are 8.2 gr per in. I don't mind running 125 gr broadheads.

If I run 125 gr, that would be around 390 with gold tips. If I was to put a 50 gr insert 415. Unless I run a different arrow which I'm absolutely open too and open to microshafts as well.

The broadheads I saw were some wasps havalon hv, annihilator (those seen pretty small though) montec cs, Magnus black hornet 4 blade, dead ringer butcher, ramcat diamondback. Qad exodus, Grim reaper fatal steel 1 3/8.

Do I need more weight up front? What y'all use to achieve more weight up front?

350 total arrow weight is pretty light. Seems like lots of guys running really heavy arrows lately (600 grains +). I am using Easton Axis 340 arrows with 50 grain brass up front with a 100 grain head. My total arrow weight is about 465. This has always done well for me on whitetail. This is a pretty popular setup - hope that helps...

Zac

WKR
I also think 350 is pretty light. I would throw mechanicals out the window with those specs. Honestly I don't think you need a micro or a .204. Easton is making the 6.5 Bow Hunter in a match grade option. Gold Tip makes their Hunter in a .001 as well. The testing I have done with fixed blades seems to favor super straight shafts. I'd probably go with the Easton if you don't to nock tune. You could probably go a little stiff with a 340 then use your 125 grain head. Probably use a cut on contact head. Kudu if your on a budget. Ironwill, or Day 6 would be better though. I have been watching Chris Bee absolutely pound at 100 yards lately with the Easton Hexx. I really think the micro diameter arrows are not necessary for most people.

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
I'm also 27.5 DL and when I was shooting 60-65lbs I had good luck with Black Eagle Rampages in a 350 spine: 100gr head, comes with a 55gr Halfout. Things are great and should come in around 410 gr.