HELP with lightweight hunting rifle suggestions! 300WM

That is interesting...that veil has an R10 at the end of the model number which I believe indicates Right 1:10” twist. The model number for the T3X lite stainless: JRTXB331R10

The barrel reads: 300 Win. Mag. 10”
Yeah - this has been a topic of discussion on other threads, but rumors are that Tikka switched their 300WM rifles over to 1:10 twist recently. Not sure if it’s true, but it appears to be the case.

Gila

WKR
Sako Finnlight? Light. Accurate. Easy to find new or used. Get a brake added by a gunsmith.
S20 is an interesting rifle. Can switch stocks from precision to hunting. However the barrel twist appears to be 1:11”.

I’m with the other guys.

A Tikka can be had, threaded, and restocked(if you so choose) for under 2k.

If you’re not looking to load super heavy bullets even better, as normally I’d recommend looking elsewhere due to the action length issues. As you mentioned you shoot middle weight bullets that’s no issue for you. I think the Tikka is your huckleberry.

Also, stay the hell away from any establishment trying to charge $600 for a muzzle threading job. That’s a $150 service at the most.

Bak222

FNG
I’m with the other guys.

A Tikka can be had, threaded, and restocked(if you so choose) for under 2k.

If you’re not looking to load super heavy bullets even better, as normally I’d recommend looking elsewhere due to the action length issues. As you mentioned you shoot middle weight bullets that’s no issue for you. I think the Tikka is your huckleberry.

Also, stay the hell away from any establishment trying to charge $600 for a muzzle threading job. That’s a $150 service at the most.
What would you recommend if I did want to lad heavier bullets?

What would you recommend if I did want to lad heavier bullets?
A newer Tikka with the 10 twist barrel in 300wsm.

You can get away with 200s in the 300 win mag but the action size starts to really limit your options beyond that. You could still single load them, but that’s not ideal. I’ve seen where people were having great results with the 215 and RL26 in the short mag.

Other than that, a Remington 700 clone if you must have a 300 win mag and want to sling heavier bullets.

Bak222

FNG
A newer Tikka with the 10 twist barrel in 300wsm.

You can get away with 200s in the 300 win mag but the action size starts to really limit your options beyond that. You could still single load them, but that’s not ideal. I’ve seen where people were having great results with the 215 and RL26 in the short mag.

Other than that, a Remington 700 clone if you must have a 300 win mag and want to sling heavier bullets.
Perfect, I actually want a WSM anyhow. Now to to just find one in stock

Gila

WKR
Perfect, I actually want a WSM anyhow. Now to to just find one in stock
Tikka hasn’t come out with a 300 wsm barrel in a 1:10” that I could find anyway. They recently updated their website with new T3X models. They are only making 1:10” twist barrels for the 300 Win mag which is new this year I believe. It appears that Tikka is phasing out the 300 wsm models completely.

I just received the last of the parts for my semi-custom 300 win mag Tikka build. Hopefully, I will have it all together and working in a few weeks. I have about 1,600 into it without the scope.