Help with Merriam Hunt

Look to go out of state to hunt merriam next spring or the following. I know it’s a ways out but like to be well prepared and planned out. Not sure what state yet and it will be diy and on public. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
Get a hold of Jordan Budd, she owns a outfitting business in Nebraska called running water hunting. She can get you on Merriams..

jmez

WKR
No on the rifle, they changed the law this season. Shotgun only or handgun only.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
No on the rifle, they changed the law this season. Shotgun only or handgun only.

That wasn’t a typo!?!? You could seriously use a rifle for turkeys in years past?!!!?

Yeah some states allow rifle. Theres even more states that allow for rifle in the fall. If your looking for marriums on public pm me. I can point you in the right direction for a couple different states

Holy crap, it's been a few years since I've been there. Thank God they change that rule. We had a tom 100 yards out and a truck drives buy, no big deal till he/she backs up and rolls down the window and pop, the turkey piles up trucks drives away. Game over next bird.

Bulldawg

WKR
Yeah I noticed the rule change this year, we are heading to SD next week and it’s been a while since I’d been out there. I’ve been wanting to shoot a turkey with my 204 for a long time and was going to do it this year, not no more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
That's too scary! I would quit turkey hunting if they allowed rifles here. Recipe for disaster and more ammo for the anti's

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
Ponderosa Wildlife Area, northwest corner of Neb. Good population of birds.